Skip navigation
ferdinandNGC
Currently Being Moderated

M2T files drop end section of audio when imported to CS5.5

Jun 25, 2012 7:19 AM

M2T files play perfectly from start to finish with Windows Media. 

BUT when I import the M2T file into CS5.5 it leaves off about 5 minutes of audio but video is perfect.  Why won't CS5.5 import the complete file including audio?

Any work around appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2012 4:25 PM   in reply to ferdinandNGC

Where exactly did the files come from?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 9:30 AM   in reply to ferdinandNGC

What model recorder (that was part of what I meant by "exactly".)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2012 8:07 PM   in reply to ferdinandNGC

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything that stands out as the source of this error.

But I do like that someone is finally making a solid state recorder that can use the superior NTFS formatting for the cards.  Personally, I think ALL solid state recorders, including cameras, should be using NTFS.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2012 8:31 AM   in reply to ferdinandNGC

Please Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... a screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30

For PC http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en or http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2012 9:03 AM   in reply to ferdinandNGC

Does this happen with ALL of the MTS files from that recorder, or just some of them?

With truncated audio, the first thing that comes to my mind is that the Conforming process was not able to complete, but this would probably only affect some, but certainly not all, such files. Just for some background, see this ARTICLE on Conforming and Indexing files.

When you look at the Waveform Display, does that go "flat-line," when the Audio signal ceases, or does it continue to show up properly?

While a player accesses the source file, for both Audio and Video, PrPro accesses the CFA files for Audio, and the PEK files for Waveform Display.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - someone asked about NTFS formatting. If you have your HDD formatted to FAT-32, then you also might be reaching the ~ 4GB file size limit. Something else to check.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2014 11:12 AM   in reply to ferdinandNGC

I can confirm the exact problem occurs on CS6.  We have identical equipment, Canaon XHA1's recording to datavideo DN60's.  Works great!  But for some reason, the audio in Premiere goes flatline, always towards the end of the video.  I should note that this does not occur all the time, but enough times to becoming an issue.  We always record concurrently to tape for backup so we have never been unable to recover, but it is a pain to have to capture the tape just for the final few minutes!

However, when playing the M2T file in windows media player, the audio plays fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2014 11:16 AM   in reply to k2tim

The common denominator seems to be the DN-60 on this one.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2014 11:34 AM   in reply to k2tim

Interestingly, I imported the video file into Microsofte Expression Encoder, and exported just the Audio file to WMA, and was able to bring in the Audio file.  What is interesting is a little odd is that the WMA audio file will appear longer in length than the M2T video/audio file when comparing the clips in the sequence.  However, the audio waveforms in the M2T and WMA match exactly, until of course the M2T audio goes flatline.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points