Skip navigation
Zwelly
Currently Being Moderated

Presets over a network

Jun 27, 2012 11:56 AM

Tags: #presets #network

Is there a way to set presets up to work over a network for several other computers? So you'd have all the presets in one location and several computers will all look at that network location for them.

Thanks,

- Matt

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 27, 2012 3:08 PM   in reply to Zwelly

Maybe an alias... There's no directory presets path in the preferences that I know of. Animation presets are not necessarily compatible with different versions of AE so some care will have to be taken there.

I have an alias to a bunch of expression presets that I have collected over the years. It works just fine across the AE versions I have on my main work station and my laptop. The Alias is in the ProgramFiles(Applications)Adobe After Effects CS6 (version)/Presets folder. My custom presets are stored in a shared dropbox folder so that every machine that's synced to the dropbox folder has access to all of the custom presets through Bridge or through the Effects and Presets Panel.

Screen Shot 2012-06-27 at 3.07.52 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 27, 2012 11:00 PM   in reply to Zwelly

Aliases will work fine on Mac, but not necessarily will links work on a Windows machine. There I'd rather define a group policy to define a custom My Documents path or even map a network drive....

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points