Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Was this helpful?

Jun 27, 2012 9:29 PM

Latest reply: Bill Hunt, Jun 28, 2012 3:53 PM
Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2012 12:57 PM   in reply to Niall O\'Donovan

It is not connected to the "most liked" stuff in your profile. That goes back to the old Like button that used to be in forums. I don't think there is anything feeding into Most Liked Content at this point.

I am trying to find out exactly what the Helpful yes/no link does. I believe it feeds some analytics outside of the forums . But right now it doesn't affect anything within the forums. There may be plans in place for that to change, though.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 1:03 PM   in reply to adobe-admin

Thanks!

It would be really interesting to see how often it is clicked. I suspect that users are finding helpful content, but not clicking the feedback option. It's a case of Seek, Find, Go.

If it is feeding into analytics, then it might be skewing the data or people's interpretation of the data, as to how "helpful" the forums are.

Thanks,

Niall

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 1:46 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel Carboni wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

at long last a clear explanation

Claudio, you must have gotten more out of that than I (and apparently Niall) did...

Can you please explain of what use a vote of Yes or No is?  Who sees it?  Who or what computer processes act upon it?  What changes because of it?

-Noel

I wrote that I found that a clear, not a complete explanation. At least it explains clearly that the Yes and No buttons are in no way related with the points system, while the article in Terry's link is at best ambiguous on this (my message #6 shows how wrongly I interpreted it).

And I have never written that I see any use in the Yes/No votes; as a matter of fact, I found them completely useless even before adobe-admin posted message #15. It is one of the  -to me- useless things that are being added without explaining openly what they are there for.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 3:53 PM   in reply to Terri Stone

I know you all are joshing about points translating to lobster

No Maine Lobster Lunch at the Official Adobe Cafeteria? Now, I am crushed...

Terri,

Thanks for that link.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points