Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

how to empty a loaded cursor

Jun 28, 2012 11:12 AM

I've a loaded cursor whose content I want to delete (without placing it).  I've tried closing the document without saving it and also doing this and then restarting the computer.  The loaded cursor re-emerges.  Placing the content on a new page and then deleting that page isn't an option because unaccountable things happen that I don't want to take the time to sort out.  Anyway, this is either a deficiency or bug in the programming that need to be addressed. I've also searched for a keyboard command to empty the cursor, without finding one.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2012 11:18 AM   in reply to cyberbaffled

Press the Escape key when you have content in a cursor. This "frees" frees the cursor and drops the content without placing it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 11:44 AM   in reply to cyberbaffled

I don't understand why opening a book chapter would activate a loaded cursor. Is this a text placement cursor or a graphic placement cursor?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2012 11:53 AM   in reply to Steve Werner

I don't see anything like this in CS6 (didn't check any other version) when creating a new file, loading the cursor and quitting without either placing or saving, or whensaving the file, then loading the cursor, closing the file withoutsaving and reopening it from the recent list.

I suggest you take a lokk at Replace Your Preferences

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points