|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 28, 2012 8:35 PM   in reply to Judy Petry

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 17, 2012 9:53 PM   in reply to Judy Petry

Re. "What kind of an answer is this?" - it looks like a rather odd one, given that there doesn't appear to be a corresponding question, but:

It was referenced in the solution I found to a problem I had of the keyboard shortcut for "Increase kerning between words" not working in OS X at https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=3950. Thanks to stevewood.

For the record, the shortcut for interword spacing on my MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion was being overridden by a:

"System Preferences / Keyboard / Keyboard Shortcuts / Accessibility / Zoom / Turn image smoothing on or off"

setting. The shortcut in question is Option + Command + \ (backslash.) I simply deselected the checkbox next to the Zoom settings.

The shortcut for "Decrease kerning between words" is "Option + Command + Delete," and worked just fine.

I couldn't find this problem mentioned anywhere else, so maybe this will help someone else down the line.

per indesign_reference.pdf from Help / InDesign Help (InDesign 6 version 8.01):

Increase kerning between words* Alt+Ctrl+\ Option+Command+\

Decrease kerning between words* Alt+Ctrl+Backspace Option+Command+Delete

System Preferences screenshot:

sys_prefs.png

So, there, that's probably another non-sequiter kind of an answer removed both in meaning and in time...

Hal B.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points