Using Elements 9.0 on Windows 7 and I use Mozila Firefox. I shut off my anti-virus program and attemped to download Flash Player 11.3 three times. When I click on a video I get the message that I still need to download Flash Player. If I access my programs through the Control Panel, Flash Player 11.3 is listed. What, if anything, am I doing wrong?
You write that you downloaded Flash Player, but did you also install it?
In Programs & Features, does it say Flash Player 11 Plugin?
In Firefox | Tools | Add-ons | Plugins, is Shockwave Flash listed and enabled?
That is rather strange...
What files do you have in
Yes, I can see the animation
Yes, I can see my system info: FlashPlayer11.3.300.262, OS Win7, Browser: Firefox
There are no files in syswow64
The following files show in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash
1. FlashPlayerTrust Modified 1/8/11
2. FlashInstallLog Modified 6/30/12
3. FlashPlayerUpdateService.Exe Modified 6/30/12
4. FlashUtil32_11_2_202_235 ActiveX.dll Modified 6/30/12
5. Flash32_11_2_202_235_.ocx Modified 6/30/12
6. FlashUtil32_11_2_202_235_ActiveX.exe Modified 6/30/12
7. MMS>CFG Modified 6/30/12
8. FlashPlayer.XPT Modified 6/30/12
9. FlashPlayerPlugin_11_3_300_262.exe Modified 6/30/12
11. NPSWF32_11_3_300_262_dll Modified 6/30/12
12. AdobeXMPRfileInfoCS5.cfg Modified 1/8/11
13. INSTALL.LOG Modified 3/16/10
I can see these videos fine in Firefox (Waterfox) 13 and Flash Player 11.3.300.262
All I can think of at this stage is to try a clean install as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315
After the reinstall, can you see the Flash animation at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html ?
Europe, Middle East and Africa