• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add interactive objects to a quiz slide?

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having a Captivate 5 problem and can't seem to find an answer on the web or in the forums.  I'm creating a quiz in which I'd like to ask multiple choice questions.  For each answer option I'd like the user to be able to click on something - the answer text, an additional image, something - that would open a web page in a separate browser tab or window.  That new window would contain information related to the linked answer option.  This way the users can assess the relevance of each option in relation to the question.

I've tried using the "Advanced Answer Option" option but that only opens a window when the answer is submitted.  Before I sat down to do this I was thinking I'd just add image buttons on the page, but it turns out that I can't add buttons, text inputs and several other options in a quiz slide.

If anyone has any ideas on how to work around this I'd really appreciate hearing them.  Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct - you cannot add interactive objects to a question slide.

You could build your question using clickboxes for the multiple-choice

question, instead of using the standard quiz slide.

Alternatively, I think you can add a Button Widget to a quiz slide. You can

create your own button widgets in Flash.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, thanks so much for the quick reply! 

The Button Widget does the job admirably, I can add it in and even make it invisible with the alpha setting so it appears that an image is the actual link.  Totally lets me do what I wished!

Thanks again!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave,

Just to inform you that in CP6, we can add smart shape as a button to quiz slide, and set actions to it ( open url or file etc).

Regards,

Avinash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources