Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge Help | Create web galleries and PDFs with Adobe Output Module

Jul 2, 2012 8:19 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2012 8:19 AM   in reply to Community Help

Hello,

is there any way to make one PDF/A-file out of multiple jpg- or tiff-files?

We tried it with Adobe Bridge Output, but we couldn't create a valid PDF/A-file (tested with Preflight). Also, in Acrobat Pro's batch-processing, there is no possibility to choose pdf/a as output-file.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2012 7:24 PM   in reply to emuhn

Yes there is ...

Download a copy of FastStone Viewer here:

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

and use their Create/Contact Sheet Builder.

AFAICT, there is no simple way of doing anywhere near as good a job using Adobe's highly expensive product, which does not have any kind of PRINT command ... The downloadable Contact Sheet plug-in is a joke when compared with the simplicity and elegance of FV's FREEWARE solution ...

Inexcusable, IMNSHO.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2012 7:51 PM   in reply to J&HK

Just BTW, I mean no disrespect to Adobe in my comment above.

I almost every other respect, their software is just awesome.

I did however notice that InDesign doesn't appear to accept DNG files as input ...

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 24, 2012 2:20 AM   in reply to Community Help

It's good and convenient to use. Thanks lots!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2012 10:47 PM   in reply to Community Help

Window > Workspace > Output. ??????? I mean is that serious ? who on earth would change their workspace to export a web preview ? no one. it has to  be under File->Export->Web Gallery like a normal person would expect. I shouldn't have to waste 30 mins trying to find it only to wind  up here. never mind when you do this you loose the workspace you had normally used.  A huge aspect of the app is completely hidden. OUTPUT ? what does that mean ? print ? last place I'd look to build a web preview. I'm totally and utterly speechless at how completely undiscoverable this is. File->Export->Web Gallery !!!!! why not do it the simple obvious way ? whats even worse is there is an EXPORT panel... and web export is no where to be seen there either, only some presets for a few web services that are, I'm sorry to say, mostly useless.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 3:43 PM   in reply to Community Help

I am running Photoshop CS5 and Bridge CS5.1. In Bridge, my Output Workspace is blank and there is no Adobe Output Module available in the Startup Scripts. How do I fix this?

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Feb 23, 2013 2:35 AM   in reply to BBHawkey

I am running Photoshop CS5 and Bridge CS5.1.

I am a bit confused here, to my memory Bridge CS5.1 was delivered with PS CS5.5. This was an updated version of CS5. Usually different suite versions don't match with Bridge.

If both are from the same suite version first restart Bridge holding down option key (mac) or control key (win) and choose reset preferences and see if this brings it back.

Can you also provide more details about computer, system and specs (RAM and Graphic card + VRAM) as well as exact version numbers of your CS applications?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 11:02 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

I am running Photoshop CS5.1 (12.1 (12.1x20110328 Re: Bridge Help | Create web galleries and PDFs with Adobe Output Module) x64) and Bridge CS5.1. I don't have the extended version. They were delivered and installed together (same disk) and when I check Photoshop, it tells me there are no updates available.  I am running them on a MacBook Pro 10.1, operating system MAC OS 10.7.5, processor speed: 2600 MHz, built-in memory: 8192 MB. It has Intel HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M.

I found the following in the Photoshop System Information. I'm not sure it is relevant to my issue but I'm including it just in case.

Plug-ins that failed to load:

Lighting Effects NO VERSION - 32-bit plug-in not supported in 64-bit - from the file “Lighting Effects.plugin”

Send Video Preview to Device NO VERSION - 32-bit plug-in not supported in 64-bit - from the file “FireWire Export.plugin”

Variations NO VERSION - 32-bit plug-in not supported in 64-bit - from the file “Variations.plugin”

Video Preview NO VERSION - 32-bit plug-in not supported in 64-bit - from the file “FireWire Export.plugin”

Resetting preferences as outlined below did not resolve the problem.

I apologize if I'm not providing the information you need to help me. I'm not super tech savvy. I usually only know enough to be dangerous. Thanks for your help!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 24, 2013 11:37 AM   in reply to BBHawkey

In Photoshop running 2 different GPU's can cause problems, not sure about Bridge.  You might try disabling the weaker Intel 4000 and seeing it if makes a difference.

Again in PS plugins are a big problem, not sure about Bridge.  But having a 32 bit plugin on a 64 bit system would be a red flag to me.  Perhaps since it did not load it is not a problem.  You should try taking the above plugins off line.

Message was edited by: Curt Y  Reread post and see you are using 5.1.  That is a 32 bit system so the plugins may be suspect.  Not sure what this means on running a 64 bit Firewire.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Feb 25, 2013 3:46 AM   in reply to BBHawkey

Plug-ins that failed to load:

It seems to me that something is wrong with your install. Maybe you did clone a former mac to install on this one? or copies old stuff to the new one. Don't know, it seems easy and quick but I prefer always a new install using a new computer or switching to a new system upgrade.

Lightning effects shows to be 32 bit while I think to know that Photoshop CS5 and CS5.5 are both 64 bit, however Bridge was turned to 64 bit in the CS6 version but that should not mater for you to use both applications from the same install disk (or download?)

And variations is something I tried to find in CS6 but can't find it there. I had long forgotten this feature that presented different previews and you could switch to color corrections and brightness (not sure) while looking at the result in the previews.

So I think you have some old material residing on your system. I would advice you to back up all custom settings (actions, tools, workspaces etc. and keywords in Bridge) Then do a search for the Adobe Cleaner tool :

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html?promoid=GYTAU

(don't know this links work for you but you can find it easy with google).

Read the instructions carefully and follow this using the official uninstaller that came with PS (see application folder). Also be sure to have your serial number and AdobeID present and while an activation of PS is for the computer maybe for security first deactivate before uninstall.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 2:01 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

Deactivating, uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop fixed the problem. I now have the Output Module in Bridge.

You were right, I did clone a former mac on to this machine. (At the time, I thought it was a great convenience!) I checked the version I installed and it says it is for both 32 and 64 bit but I still have the error messages previously identified. So far, they have not impacted functionality. However, I use PS primarily for photo editing.

Thanks to everyone who provided help and suggestions!

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Feb 27, 2013 12:10 AM   in reply to BBHawkey

I checked the version I installed and it says it is for both 32 and 64 bit but I still have the error messages previously identified.

Glad it worked for you. PSCS5 changed from 32 bit to 64 bit but Bridge did get this transition per CS6. The message for plug ins are AFAIK PS related and there will be some setting or folder with this old plug ins still residing on your system.

An uninstall and clean tool run does get rid of most preference related stuff but is does not delete all things from older or latest install. I also use PS for photo editing but it is long ago I used third party plug ins. There are a few locations to look in. Adobe PSCS5 in the Application folder has a plug in folder but newly installed this does not contain your plug ins from the warning message (but for security check it). But on root level there is also a folder called Library. The path for this is computer (not your user account) / library / application support / Adobe / Plug in. In this location should be a folder called CS5 (version you are using) and check if here is a folder with the plug ins from the warning message. If so manual remove this from the library (e.g. to the desktop). Beware, in 'file formats' is the ACR raw plug in located. Just use logic, before searching quit PS and Bridge and remove 1 item to test. Restart and if it does not help quit PS and Bridge and replace the item in the same location.

If removing helps and everything is working again then trash the removed items.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 21, 2013 12:33 PM   in reply to Community Help

I am trying to migrate to Bridge to replace the Web Photo Gallery preset in Photoshop. The Flash galleries are beautiful, but unfortunately they are Flash and won't work on my iPhone. So I need an html alternative, and the only Bridge template for that is HTML Gallery. However, unlike the old Web Photo Gallery preset in Photoshop, the new Bridge template does not appear to have a setting for not resizing the large images. My images are 1290 x 980 and I want to keep them that big, not have them resize to some arbitrary smaller size.

So the question is, am I missing something? Is there a way in Bridge to make an html photo gallery that does not resize the large images?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 5:02 PM   in reply to Community Help

NO WATERMARKS USING WEB GALLERY?!

Why can't you add watermarks any more?!?

I'm now using Photoshop CS6 and Bridge. In previous versions I used to create web gallerries for clients to review images. There was a function in the Web Gallery called "Security" that let you watermark all of the images with text or an image. So, as I created a web gallery of hundreds of images, I could automatically protect them with a copyright notice.

This is gone apparently  in CS6. Why?! It was just about the most useful tool in the Web Gallery!

Am I missing something here, or has this been moved somewhere totally obvious? I've been searching for a frustrated 45 minutes to no avail

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2013 6:55 PM   in reply to darrylhumphrey

darrylhumphrey wrote:

NO WATERMARKS USING WEB GALLERY?!

It is there.  Check out this link.  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1039166?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 7:20 AM   in reply to Community Help

Hi,

Is there a way to get the web gallery to pre-load photos? I was hoping I wouldn't need to write any javascript in order to get such a feature. It would really improve the browsing experience for my clients / family, as they all live in far away places.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 7:18 PM   in reply to a.leach

This script works for me in CS 5.5. Put it into the section of the SubPage.htm template. The web gallery plugin provides a variable %NEXTIMAGE% to the template. That variable contains the name of the next page, like pic02.html, not the name of the next image. So the script rewrites that to pic02.jpg.

I don't know whether I can paste code into this window, but here is the script:

// Preload image script
    var myimage=new Image();
    function preloadimage() {
    nextpg="%NEXTIMAGE%"
    nextpic="../images/" + nextpg.replace(".html",".jpg")
    myimage.src=nextpic
    }
    preloadimage()

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2013 7:30 PM   in reply to JackMcNac

The javascript code pasted OK except that it stripped out the head and /head tags and the script and /script tags. Basically, the code has to be in the head section of the SubPage.htm template, and the code has to be enclosed in the usual script /script tags.

It is based on an image preloading script from http://javascriptkit.com/script/script2/preloadimage.shtml. That script preloads all the images at once, and you have to paste in the image names manually, but it might be useful if you want to just preload all the images from the gallery's index.html page and don't mind pasting in all the image names yourself. The javascriptkit.com site has two other image preloading scripts. Both of them use an introductory page to preload all the images, and they create a spiffy progress bar to let you know how long it will take. One of them makes you paste in the image names manually, but the other uses .php to read the image names from a directory.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2013 10:15 AM   in reply to a.leach

Duh, I just noticed that the web photo gallery plug-in writes out a file named photos.js that has all the javascript arrays and variables that we would need to do whatever we want. So, for example, to preload just the first full-size image from the gallery's index.html page, add this code to the head section of the template IndexPage.htm:

script src="photos.js" /script

script
    // Preload image script
    var myimage=new Image();
    function preloadimage() {
    firstpic="images/" + gPhotos[0].filename
    myimage.src=firstpic
    }
    preloadimage()
    /script

You will need to modify that to put braces around the "script" and "/script" parts -- the forum strips those tags if I put braces around them. But basically, by including the photos.js file in the index.html page, we can do stuff like make onMouseOver events to preload the big images when someone hovers over the thumbnails, or even throw out the html pages that the plug-in makes and write the whole thing all in a couple of javascript or php pages that would never change.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 8:36 PM   in reply to Community Help

I don't seem to see this in the output tab, but I'm wondering if there is a way to include links that will allow people to download some or all of my photos from the gallery.

Can anybody help with this?

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jun 20, 2013 1:05 AM   in reply to ablanc25

but I'm wondering if there is a way to include links that will allow people to download some or all of my photos from the gallery.

Not very acquainted with Web Gallery but this seems not possible to me using AOM. It is very limited in options and also resizes the files for web.

You should investigate other web software (this is more commercial use, mostly with pay modules etc to give the option to download in various quality and sizes)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 7:33 AM   in reply to ablanc25

I haven't coded up a way to do this, and I'm not sure that I could. But I know where I would start: The generated Flash gallery has a folder named "resources." Look in there for a file named "group.xml" and open that in a text editor. It has all the info you would need to generate downloadload links, including the original filenames and the new names that it creates in different sizes.

All you need is a script to parse the group.xml file and write out the links that you want.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 17, 2013 3:14 PM   in reply to JackMcNac

Hi Jack - did anybody ever answer this question for you?  I am dealing with the same thing and don't know what to do.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 11:55 AM   in reply to atomictuna721

I haven't worked out the code yet, but assuming that you want to make download links from the Flash galleries that Bridge generates, in the gallery's "resources" folder look for "group.xml" and open that in a text editor, or even in Dreamweaver. Then go through the tutorial on how xml works at http://www.w3schools.com/xml/default.asp. You can load the group.xml file in a browser to see what it looks like. Also read the tutorial at http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_xsl.asp, and you might be able to make an .xsl stylesheet to include in the group.xml file that will display what you need.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points