Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop CS6, non Creative Cloud, keeps asking me to register

Jul 2, 2012 12:32 PM

Rogier,

My apologies for not saying that mine is a 'straight' versoin not a cloud version.  And also I am running on Win x64.

Don.

Branched from an earlier discussion. Branched to a new discussion.

Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 2, 2012 12:33 PM   in reply to BKKDon

BKKDon I branched out your discussion as the main topic in the previous thread was for users having difficulties with the registration screen who are utilizing Creative Cloud.  If you are continuing to experiencing difficulties with the registration screen coming up can you please post what steps you have tried so far to resolve your difficulties?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 8:46 AM   in reply to BKKDon

I could understand how that would be inconvenient.  I would recommend starting with creating a new administrator account to see if you have the same behavior under that account.  It sounds likely that you have an issue with your permissions and the CS6 software being unable to save the preference that you had made previously regarding registration information.  By starting with a freshly created admin account we can see if the permissions on your current account have been compromised.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 16, 2012 1:42 PM   in reply to BKKDon

I'm having the exact same issue.  I've been on the phone with adobe for a week and they have been unsuccessful with fixing the problem.  Did you ever get it resolved.  If so, how????

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 7:25 AM   in reply to elbephoto

Same issue,

Win7 64, Creative Suite 6.

No I will not create another admin account. This problem is not on my end.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 10:38 PM   in reply to plexaphoney

I have the same problem with CS6 and have been on chat with adobe 3 times and on the phone for 4 more time and still did not get fix. Every 3 or 4 days the probelm re-occure. Very frustrating!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2012 11:53 AM   in reply to kongotech

Kongotech have you tried with a newly created Administrator account as was suggested earlier in this thread?  Also if you have a case number from your previous interactions with our support team I would be happy to review them.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2012 10:47 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hi Jeff,

Here is the case number: #0183595447 <https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/support/index.cfm?event=casedetail&id=01 83595447&loc=en_ca>

The support team had took control of my PC and try using a different admin account to change some security setting.

Thanks for checking into this, really appreciate your help!

They are obvious an oversea team that took a long time to even understand the problem

and don't seems to have the skill to resolve the issue and every time they keep promise me

that from now on it will not happens ever again. 2 days later. It happens again.

Then they call me at 6:30 am Calgary time to wake up my family.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2012 8:56 AM   in reply to kongotech

Kongotech it does appear our support team was able to get you up an working up until you restart your computer.  There then appears to be something causing your to need to activation again.

Are you able to open and launch 32-bit applications successfully or does this happen with both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the applications?

What version of the Adobe Application Manager are you using?  You can locate this is C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDApp.exe.  You will want to right click on the exe go to properties and select the Details tab.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2012 5:21 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hi Jeff,

The version is 6.0.335.0

I do not know where to run CS6 with 32-bit.

I use the icon the installation of 64 bit put on the desktop.

Can you let me know where do I find the 32 bit exe?

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2012 8:09 AM   in reply to kongotech

Ok will that explains your difficulties then.  The Adobe Application Manager should have been updated when you opened it but for some reason it has not.  The current version is 6.2.112.0.  You can download and apply the update manually from our download page at http://www.adobe.com/downloads/.  You can find the download for the Adobe Application Manager in the bottom right hand corner of the page.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2012 8:02 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Thanks Jeff, I'll try that and let you know if it works in a week see if it ask me to register again.

Appreciate your help!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 12, 2012 5:51 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Updated to 6.2.112.0

Today, same problem happens again.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 12, 2012 6:03 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Got the latest update version.

Tonight, the same problem happens again.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2012 6:29 AM   in reply to kongotech

Kongotech the 32-bit application is the one titled Adobe Photoshop CS6 as opposed to Photoshop CS6 (64-bit) they both should be available under Start>All Programs.

Please try the following steps from CS6 applications in Creative Cloud unexpectedly revert to trial mode | CS6, CCM - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/trial--1-launch.html.

1. Launch a CS6 Suite product.
    2. Choose Help > Deactivate.
    3. Follow the onscreen instructions to Deactivate the product.
    4. Close the product.
    5. Launch a CS6 Suite product.
    6. Click Accept in the EULA dialog to continue.
    7. Sign in with your Adobe ID.
    8. Once the product finishes launching, close the product.
    9. Relaunch the product.
    10. Click License This Software.
    11. Sign in with your Creative Cloud Adobe ID.
    12. Launch the desired product.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2012 10:32 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Follow the steps below.

Reboot PC.

Open CS6, ask me to activate again.

Still did not work

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2012 8:48 AM   in reply to kongotech

Kongotech do you experience the same difficulty with the 32-bit version of the applications?  Again they are the ones listed in Start>All Programs which don't (64-bit).

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2012 9:22 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

i never open with 32 bit.

Following your direction to open the 32 bit ps6.

It also asked me to activate.

Appears that it behave the same as the 64 bits.

After I activate the 32 bit cs6, the 64 bit also

Appear to be activated.

Sent from my iPad

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 19, 2012 10:35 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

same thing happens to the 32 bits CS6.

I activate it through 32 bit CS6.

2 days later, it asked me to activate again.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2012 10:03 AM   in reply to kongotech

Kongotech I have taken ownership of your case.  I am just getting back from PTO but I will reach out to you via e-mail to see if we can arrange a time to work through your case.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2012 9:45 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I am interested in the fix as well.  I have exactly the same problem.  It is very annoying, and for the price of the software i expect better.  Please post the fix.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2012 10:35 AM   in reply to cstiger15

CStiger15 this is rather a complex issue.  Please see 64-bit applications repeatedly ask to activate - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/64-bit-creative-suite-applica tions-repeatedly.html.   If you have not contacted our support team yet please do so.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2012 12:29 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Ok Iam having the same issue and had a diffrent thread going and this was the advice i got ...

http://http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070742                  Called tech suport and they said that my PC was shoing up as 2 diffrent machines ID's  on a new PC ok so then i called DELL and they looked at everything thay could to solve the issue. because Adobe tech would not answer phone when dell called them so they removed  the cashe and it seams to be working now but still all that money and it does this crazy....

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2012 1:16 PM   in reply to eisenray

I believe Eisenray is referring too http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070742.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2012 1:47 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

yes  I was and I will keep you informed on its progress to see if the issue keeps doing the same

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2012 3:19 PM   in reply to eisenray

Awesome Eisenray!  i removed the cache file as explained in the forum http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070742 , had to re-enter my serial number one more time and now it seems to have accepted my serial number.  I have rebooted a couple times and each time my CS6 applications launch without asking for the serial number.  Interesting, my system is a new Dell and i purchased CS6 through Amazon, which seems to be a common factor in this problem.  Keeping my fingers crossed, but it looks good.  Thanks Eisenray and Jeff for the help.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2012 6:38 PM   in reply to cstiger15

Sorry guys!  Spoke too soon.  I fired up the program to show that it was fixed and the crazy thing asked for my serial number again......  So I am still searching for the actual fix.  Any help is appreciated.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 29, 2012 9:08 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Hello Jeff.

I am experiencing the same issue as Kongotech and the others.  Have you found any type of resolution?

Thanks,

Lit

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 29, 2012 7:13 PM   in reply to JohnLittletonTyler

We are still investigating these issues.  Please contact our support team as discussed in message #22.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2012 6:49 AM   in reply to cstiger15

Same here today is the 3rd day no problems so far. Lets hope that Adobe will find a fix for this issue soon.  

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2012 6:59 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I called and talked to the tech at adobe he said that my New PC was showing up with 2 diffrent machine ID's so he told me it was a OS issue   I am on Windows 7, Called DELL and they took control of my PC and after checking out everything said that Adobe was Confused he called adobe but after waiting for 1 1/2 hours after it said it would only take 15 min s   we just hung up on adobe tech. I hope that Adobe can fix this soon or at least send out replacement software

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2012 8:53 AM   in reply to eisenray

It is entirely possible that it maybe an OS issue.  We are looking at a possible failure of the Windows Management Instrumentation.  Our engineering teams are working directly with a customer to see what possible solutions that can be implemented.  I have also been working directly with several customers as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2012 7:49 AM   in reply to eisenray

4th day and still problem so far its doing good after i removed  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache\cache.db  file

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 5:33 AM   in reply to eisenray

5th day and still problem so far its doing good after i removed C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache\cache.db file   Its nice not to have to dig out the box each day and input a ser no#

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2012 5:08 AM   in reply to eisenray

6 th day and still problem so far its doing good after i removed C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache\cache.db file Its nice not to have to dig out the box each day and input a ser no#

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 4, 2012 10:04 AM   in reply to eisenray

Interesting Eisenray we will certainly look at this as a possible solution as well.  The problem is that you are also wiping out licensing information for other Adobe products when you delete the cache.db file.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2012 7:20 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

well it was good untill today now it has started the same ol mess again its nuts its getting to the point i can remember my ser no for CS6  any idea why it is doing this and when will ADOBE have a Fix for it. 

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2012 6:59 PM   in reply to eisenray

Hello, I have been out for a few days, hoping a solution was available. So I opened up PS Sunday morning and same problem. I had deleted the cache file two times, but still I kept getting the request to license the software or start trial. I contacted Adobe using the Chat session. He asked that I re-name the cache file, so i did that. Of course it works for a while when I renamed the cache file and re-entered my serial number. The support person was convinced it was fixed, I had my doubts. Later that evening after updating all my adobe products and re-booting my system, launching PS, again i get the CS6 design standard trial window asking me to license the software or start the trial. I installed the software as Administrator, i have updated all of the applications, I have modified the permissions on the c:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache folder for everyone to have full control.  I thought this may have fixed it until i launched PS tonight (tuesday), and again i get the start trial prompt....

Looking at my cache folder permissions, it looks like it got changed back to their defaults again.  Not sure if this is the problem or not.  I will force the permissions to full control for everyone and try again.  Any help from Adobe on this would be GREAT!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 10, 2012 8:34 AM   in reply to cstiger15

CSTiger15 and others on this thread we are continuing to be investigating this issue.  At the moment the likely cause is a compromised Windows Management Instrumentation service.  This basically is causing the activation technology to see the computer as a different computer which is what causes the user to be prompted to be activated again.

We are still looking at ways for our users to resolve this difficulty.  Unfortunately there does not appear to be a method to repair the Windows Manager Instrumentation service in Windows 7 and Vista.

You can try disabling the Windows Management Instrumentation in the Microsoft Configuration Utility but I would not recommend running with it disabled normally.  Windows Management Instrumentation is a basic component of the operating system and is used for a variety of functions.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)