• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Flash version for Windows Vista 64-bit?

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed Flash Player 11.3.300 on a Windows Vista 64-bit operating system. In "Control Panel/Problem Reports Solutions and Solutions" I'm getting all sorts of "Recommended Updates Available" messages indicating that I need to "Solve a Problem with Flash Player" with a link to "Click to go online and install the Flash Player update". When I click on the link, it takes me to the download page for 11.3.300.257 which contains the big disclaimer "Flash Player does not support 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista". I'm using Internet Explorer 9.0.

If I don't use Flash Player 11.3.300, then which version am I supposed to use? And where can I download it?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use only Flash Player 64 Bit

If you have same problem like my posting because Flash Player gets worng Bit Version Thanks

If you are using Chrome than you type address chrome:plugins and disable "allow always"

Mozilla Firefox or Opera? Than you should disable "allow always"!

Thanks i hope you because you understand sure....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have Vista, but I believe if you run the combined 11.3.300.257 (and/or 11.3.300.262) installer, it will correctly install the 32-bit and 64 bit versions on Vista x64.

If you are unsure, can you list the contents of

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
  • C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unsure.

Contents of C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash:

• FlashUtil64_11_3_300_257_ActiveX.exe
  • FlashUtil64_11_3_300_257_ActiveX.dll
  • FlashInstall.log
  • Flash64_11_3_300_257.ocx

Contents of C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash:

• mms.cfg
  • install.log
  • FlashUtil32_11_3_300_257_ActiveX.exe
  • FlashUtil32_11_3_300_257_ActiveX.dll
  • FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
  • FlashInstall.log
  • Flash32_11_3_300_257.ocx
  • FlashPlayerTrust folder

Anything there that looks like it would lead to a bunch of "update needed" messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please provide us the URL where you see the message, "Flash Player does not support 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista?"

Also, please go to the following document and let us know what you see in step 1 and step 2? http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

The latest version of Flash Player available for Vista:

11.3.300.257 (for ActiveX - Internet Explorer)

11.3.300.262 (for Plug-in - all other browsers)

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil_Bhaskaran wrote:

Could you please provide us the URL where you see the message, "Flash Player does not support 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista?"

Sunil,

See http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-64-bit-operating.html under Solutions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sunil,

Pat Willener provided the link on the Adobe site where the incompatibility between version 11.3.300 and Windows Vista 64-bit is mentioned.

In regards to what I saw in Step 1 and Step 2 when I accessed the link you provided...

In Step 1, I saw the ball moving back and forth indicating that I had a functioning version of Adobe flash.

In Step 2, I saw that I had version 11.3.300.257 installed.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

boiler84 wrote:

I am unsure.

This shows that you have both 32-bit and 64-bit add-ons for Internet Explorer installed.

boiler84 wrote:

Anything there that looks like it would lead to a bunch of "update needed" messages?  You have the latest available version installed.

Can you post a screenshot of these messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will post a screen shot the next time I receive one.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for trying out the steps, Dave. The latest Flash Player is installed on your machine and it's working correctly. I hope you tried in Internet Explorer. If you use browser, such as Firefox or Safari, there is a another version (11.3.300.262). Please access the Adobe site using any of those browsers and then download and install Flash Player.

We will wait for the screenshot.

Pat, thanks for pointing out the link. I will correct the doc..

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been giot too Look my posting in 2. post i have been happend like your worng installation with Flash Player 32 and 64 Bit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines