• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF corruption: Is there any software to repair?

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know whether I'm on right forum or not. It was last week when I made a PDF file for office presentation. And it was yesterday when I found it corrupted. I don’t know how did it corrupt, but I’m really very sad. Have I lost it? Or is there any hope to recover it? Actually I don’t wanna recover the data, what I want is: repair the file. I can’t make it again because I have no more time. Has there anyone who can suggest me a software program which can repair my corrupt PDF file? I have tried all manual solutions but no luck. Thanks in advance…….

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the PDF file in Notepad/ Text Editor and search for the and search for “/count” tag, the first instance has page count set it to the number of pages.

Please check if this tools helps to recover your PDF https://www.pdf-tools.com/osa/repair.aspx

You can also try to open the PDF in legacy Acrobat version at your end example Version 8, if you have the setup and re print the file using PDF printer

Regards,

Deepak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deepak Chauhan,

I used that tool but I'm getting watermark on my pages. And the quality of PDF documents has been affected. It works but not that good as I expected...........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel,

This may happen as it was a third party tool. You can probably try to search more tools online to check , if that helps. Alternatively, what happens if try to reprint the PDF with PDF printer ?

Regards,

Deepak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf from my work computer running xp whch opens fine. At home I am on OS 10.6 the file will not open and says it is corrupted. I am using Acrobat 10, 9 at work. I cant believe I have to buy some other software to fix a corrupt file,. Will acrobat 10 do this???

Robert Garven
Drummer / Cirith Ungol
PaisteArtist:
https://www.paiste.com/en/musicians/robert-garven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the file have encryption applied, and are you opening it in Acrobat rather than in OS X Preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the original PDF corrupt or a copy that you sent yourself, like by e-mail. If the original is not corrupt, then just go back to it. As for recreating the PDF, you should be able to just open your office presentation in the original software and create a new PDF -- or maybe I am missing something about how you created it in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Billa@VT,

As I menitioned that I can't make it again. It took my couple of weeks to be completed. I want to repair it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its always Prudent to make a Duplicate copy as a backup just in case things go bump in the night

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2013 Dec 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since this thread is a spam-magnet it has been locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines