Skip navigation
Mimezu
Currently Being Moderated

Crash everytime I try to save a look

Jul 4, 2012 2:22 PM

I am trying the trial version of Speedgrade, and I really like the features and the ease of use of the program.

However it is completely unusable for me right now, since it is crashing systematicly everytime I try to save a look preset. The only way I can save a look preset whithout crashing is when I didn't make any change at all to the footage, as soon as I modify anything to any color setting, the program crash directly when clicking on the button for saving the look preset.

It is also crashing immediately when i go to the "output" tab if I made any change to the colors, it isn't crashing if no changes were made.

I am running a clean windows 7 64bits install, with a core i5-2500 CPU, 16go of DDR3, a geforce GTX 560 Ti, I have the latest nvidia drivers, I updated all Adobe apps  ... I really don't have a clue about what is hapenning.

I tried to install the trial version at work, where I have roughly the same configuration, and speedgrade is working like a charm whithout any crash ...

Please if you have any idea of what the problem might be i would really love to be able to use this product.

I don't know where I can fiund a crash report or a log file, so I could upload it here in order to get more help.

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Michel

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 5, 2012 1:15 AM   in reply to Mimezu

Hey Michel!

Please first make sure you're runing latest 6.0.1 patch:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5322

Can you PM me you system logs ?

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\SpeedGrade\6.0\

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 2:57 AM   in reply to Mimezu

The crashes you encountered are most likely caused by an outdated version of Windows. Please make sure you're running Win 7 with SP1.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 5, 2012 11:21 AM   in reply to Mimezu

Hi, I've been experiencing multiple cause crashes and finally tracked it down to permissions. Speedgrade couldn't write anywhere as everything was 'Read-Only' to it.

Running Speedgrade 'as Administrator' fixed my crashes (So far).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points