Skip navigation
PugetSystems
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe SpeedGrade Continues to Crash

Jul 4, 2012 5:09 PM

Tags: #rendering #crash #wont #crashing #output #render #failure #problems #loading #work #speedgrade #opening_files #output_problems

Hello:

So far adobe speed grade has been great to work with and very happy with the results. Unfortunately, I cannot render to export my video. The first several times  I tried to render my video it worked and finished but I tried to playback the video I get nothing but a black screen.

Then after trying different formats speedgrade will not even complete a render process. The error I get is  "child process failed".

Any Help?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 4, 2012 6:08 PM   in reply to PugetSystems

I was seeing this when rendering to some quicktime formats.  One 'fail' and then you get "child process failed" message after that. On my system (windows 7) the quicktime installation needed fixing (dreaded 'error 43') , but after that is has worked OK.

Mark.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2012 11:27 AM   in reply to PugetSystems

I've just started using SpeedGrade and was experiencing a number of crashes while working. I did have other apps open and after quitting them it seems to have solved my problem.

What format are you rendering to when you experience the problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2012 9:20 PM   in reply to PugetSystems

Can you render image sequences (e.g. DPX) ?

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2013 9:05 AM   in reply to kinvermark II

Hi,

I'm having major problems with this. I've managed to render out sequences in the past, but suddenly i'm unable to now. DPX renders, but the image sequence is just an adobe screen that says the file name and child process failed. And pro res won't even render out, says of combination of 'Could Not Write Frame ** (Unspecified error)', or Child Process Failed after around frame 18 or so, but not always the same frame.

My sequence has 6 clips, around 4 minutes total, that I put together in speedgrade. I have two grading clips covering 3 of the original clips each.

My original files are 3500x1500 ProRes422.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points