Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why is the image on my screen changing when I switch between the library and develop modules?

Jul 6, 2012 10:00 AM

Tags: #4.1

I've noticed in the past couple of days that I will be refining an image in the develop module, feel I've gotten it the way I want it to look, and then switch back to the library module to export. When I do so, I notice the colors are quite different than they were just a second ago in the develop module. When I switch back to the develop module, it goes back to the way it looked in the develop module. How might I fix this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 6, 2012 10:24 AM   in reply to Brian of SummaeStudios

Is what you see in Library the original, camera-embedded preview or is it just a messed up version of the LR-rendering?  You can test this by making a significant change to an image with the problem (Exposure -4 or Saturation +100) and see if the Library Preview also darkens (or the colors saturate) significantly or not.  You might also try explicitly telling LR to recompute the  Standard then the 1:1 preview to see if either of those show up in Library.

If the Library view never shows any LR adjustments and is always the camera-embedded JPG preview or a LR-preview from some days ago that never changes no matter what you do in Develop, now, then your Previews cache is likely corrupted and the entire should probably be deleted so LR can rebuild them.  The previews folder is called catalogname Previews.lrdata and is a subfolder of where your catalog file (.lrcat) is stored.  You can location your catalog by going to the General tab in the Catalog Preferences and clicking the Locate button.  You should exit LR before trying to delete the Previews subfolder and make sure you’re not deleting the catalog or backups folder, just the folder with Previews.lrdata in the name.

If the Library view just shows a different-looking version of the LR adjustments then perhaps something is wrong with the display-driver or the monitor’s color profile.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2012 12:24 PM   in reply to Brian of SummaeStudios

See Victoria Brampton's post in this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4499614#4499614

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2012 1:17 PM   in reply to Brian of SummaeStudios

See also this discussion (rather long).  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1028187?tstart=0

In library mode you are seeing an Adobe RGB preview while in Develop mode you are seeing a Pro Photo RGB rendition.  The differences should not be huge, though.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points