Skip navigation
The Jive Aces
Currently Being Moderated

The aspect ratio of this file is not supported by DVD - Encore CS6

Jul 10, 2012 5:26 AM

Tags: #error #encore #dvd #aspect_ratio #pgc

I have a DVD project with 2 timelines. One timeline has 7 videos and one has 3.

When i "check" the project it has no errors however when I build the project to either disc or folder it comes up with the error:

PGC "Music Videos" has an error at 332.8400s.
The aspect ratio of this file is not supported by DVD. - PGC info: name =
Music Video, ref = Jpgc, time = 332.8400s

Additional info on the above; "Music Videos" is the name of the timline and 332.84s is the time at the end of the first video asset and the beginning of the second so it's possibly something to do with that asset however I have tried reencoding it several times and using different video files to no avail.

I have seen other people get the same error but the reason normally is because there is a small gap of empty space before the firs video and the error appears at 0s or 0.4 s or something which is not the case here. There are also no gaps between the first and second video either.

Anyone that is able to help  I will gladly send you a cpoy of our finished album and accompanying DVD (the one I am attempting to make here) for my band (http://www.jiveaces.com)!

Using a Macbook Pro with Lion (up to date) and Encore CS6.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 10, 2012 5:45 AM   in reply to The Jive Aces

Please send the album to .... Ha, ha!

As a test, create a new project and put video 1 and 2 on separate timelines. Do you get the error? In fact, you can probably just do the test with Video 2.

I believe this is a "real" error and due to its stated cause: you have a bad par in that next video, or you are mixing pars on the same timeline. (Encore has a history of errors that have no relationship to the real problem.)

While you can mix videos on the same timeline, it invites problems. It does avoid glitches (in most cases), but it is better to combine in the editing phase.

Edit: don't ignore the obvious: zoom into the Encore timeline and make sure there is no gap!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 7:09 AM   in reply to The Jive Aces
    wow it actually censored my post! HAHA!

Too funny!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 7:13 AM   in reply to The Jive Aces

OK, I created a new project with one timeline and no menus. I added the offending video and it transcoded at the automatic settings and then... It seemed to work just fine!

Now add the first video before the offender and see what you get.

I'm still guessing it is an issue of one video is a problem (and thinking probably not based on your test and the timecode of the error) or a mismatch between videos on the same timeline (to be tested by the new test).

There's always the chance that somethings corrupted, and that redoing the whole encore project will fix it. But that's not my guess.

One other issue: "black video," gaps in the audio, or similar issues may appear as "gaps"? Why do I think that has been identified as an issue...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 9:00 AM   in reply to The Jive Aces

This could be a problem in the experiment. (Try again, creating the timeline with video 1, then adding video 2.) but I would check the length of the video/audio to make sure all are the same.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 9:26 AM   in reply to The Jive Aces

ok, I am doing that now but do you mean add the raw files to a new timeline again and then retranscode?

Yes. But given your folder experiment, it sounds like you just need to go back and sort out what is wrong with the "offender."

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 10:25 AM   in reply to The Jive Aces

>second video now has a 1 pixel bright green line along the right hand edge

So... what is the exact difference between the two files?

Use http://mediainspector.massanti.com/ to examine both and return with details

A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 6:12 PM   in reply to The Jive Aces

the second video now has a 1 pixel bright green line along the right hand edge(??).

Evidence that the par is wrong in that file. John's suggestion may help you pin that down.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points