Skip navigation
natdeamer
Currently Being Moderated

Dockable Javascript Palette - Is it possible?

Jul 10, 2012 8:21 AM

I have created a Javascript Palette to allow the user to perform actions on TextFrames.

var myWindow = new Window("palette", "My Palette", undefined, {resizeable:true, closeButton:true});

Is is possible to make it 'Dockable' with the other normal panels? e.g. (Scripts, ScriptLabel, Paragraph Styles).

Or is it possible to create a Plugin which can then render the javascript inside of itself?

Thanks

Nathan Deamer

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 10, 2012 9:48 AM   in reply to natdeamer

With plain ScriptUI it's not possible. With plugins I don't know.

Peter

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2012 9:57 AM   in reply to natdeamer

Your options are either (ActionScript) CS SDK or the C++ InDesign SDK.

Harbs

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2012 12:38 PM   in reply to Harbs.

I have not tried it but what gap does Configurator 3 fill? I saw it was only ID & PS so went no further…

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 1:22 AM   in reply to Muppet Mark

Yes. I forgot about Configurator. You can build panels to launch scripts from there. You can't do much more than create buttons though...

Harbs

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2012 3:55 PM   in reply to Harbs.

I built something using Configurator 2, I haven't checked Configurator 3 yet. I found it useful for creating basic GUI components to run JSX scripts. If you really want to add a lot of interaction though you should go with learning CS Extension Builder. There is a learning curve, but it is a lot better than building using C++.

I think I am going to go see what they improved with Configurator 3. The biggest weakness I saw before is that there were not URIs for InDesign to do commands, but there were for Photoshop.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points