Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Projects

Jul 11, 2012 5:33 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 11, 2012 5:33 AM   in reply to Community Help

Hello,

I have a project on my hands that was set up as 1920, while in fact the video material is 1440. The authoring stage now is already quite developed. I can not set this project to 1440 now. Unless I am missing something - and I truely hope I do! - it should be emphasized in every manual and tutorial how crucial this setting is at the creation stage of a project.

This is actually also a major feature request for Premiere and changing sequence properties there.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 6:03 AM   in reply to Peter_Core

Is there a problem with how the 1440 footage displays in previews or builds?  If so, go to File | Interpret Footage and set the PAR of all of the 1440 footage to HD Anamorphic (1.3333).

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2012 11:10 AM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

Thank you so much for your incredibly prompt reply!

The timeline assumed the 1440 by its own, I guess. The movie had black bars on either side, however. I changed the transcoding settings for the movie from 1920 to 1440, and I think it was then that the black bars went away.

I then changed the menu dimensions in Photoshop to 1440, too.

I then built a test BD and it came out looking just fine.

It was not possible to change the default transcode settings for the project, though, so it appears as if it were a 1920 project. This is reflected, for instance, when I create a new menu, which is a 1920x1080 menu by default.

So I would still want to learn if there's a way to convert a project to different resolution specs.

Best,

Pete

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2012 8:17 PM   in reply to Community Help

To clarify one point, Jeff Sengstack shows how to relink assets in an Encore CS6 tutorial video at the InfiniteSkills blog. http://infiniteskills.com/blog/2012/07/encorecs6-tutorial-relinking-as set/

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 1:02 AM   in reply to Jeff Bellune

Jeff,

In the Encore default settings it indicates that the project can be changed at any time from the project settings but that options is locked onto a default 720p setting.

Even when I go to the edit quality setting and use a typical setting the project defaults to 720, very bad in my case because we are in release now,  with SD chopping off footage in a typical DVD player. Dissapointed to say the least, makes everything look bush league.

No answers or suggestion from the serach of this or Creative Cow forums.

CS5.2 with "known issues" exporting HD format to SD, way too late for that bit of info.

Any suggestions?

Should I recompse in Premiere before building MPEG2, using the suggestions above for interpet footage?

Thanks,

Rob

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 5:55 AM   in reply to D3S user

In the Encore default settings it indicates that the project can be changed at any time from the project settings but that options is locked onto a default 720p setting.  

It only says that the authoring mode can be changed (DVD to BD). It does seem odd that you can't change the default transcode setting, but you are correct.

Even when I go to the edit quality setting and use a typical setting the project defaults to 720, very bad in my case because we are in release now,  with SD chopping off footage in a typical DVD player. 

I would redo the project if it is your menu renders that is the problem. I cannot tell from this whether that is the problem. You can use other presets for everything but menu renders.

I would start a new thread in the Encore forum .

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 1:20 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

Stan Thanks!

I'll post as a separate question in the Encore boards.

It  simply may be the outdated nature of CS5.2, at this point anything is possible. Somewhere I saw a "known issue" for CS5 as unable to export HD footage correctly into DVD under certain settings and all of this was rendered to MPEG2 from CineForm ingest.

RM

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points