Skip navigation
Alex Zilberman
Currently Being Moderated

InDesign CS6 icons

Jul 11, 2012 6:38 AM

Tags: #icons #indesign_cs6

My InDesign CS6 files open properly but all files have the blank white icon as if the system does not recognize the file and what program to use. Does anybody know how to fix this as it's driving me nuts! I'm using Windows 7 on a 64-bit machine.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 11, 2012 6:41 AM   in reply to Alex Zilberman

That indicates the icon handler dll file is missing or damaged, I suspect. Best way to fix it is to reinstall.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 2:34 PM   in reply to Peter Spier

Hi Peter,

An employee at my office is having the same issue in a similar form: the icon was initially viewable, then because Windows default, I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and the icon was then viewable again then, in a seemingly random manner, it became Windows default again. I figured uninstalling and reinstalling would solve the problem again but unfortunately this time it did not.

I thought perhaps determining which DLL it is that generates the thumbnail and then registering it might make a difference.

Can you help?

Thank you,

- Reuben

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 2:41 PM   in reply to reubentanner

Afraid not. You might want to uninstall again, then runthe clean tool before reinstalling: CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2012 11:16 AM   in reply to Peter Spier

Thanks Peter, I didn't end up having to do the reinstall, there was an update for inDesign that solved the problem and brought the icon back.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points