pbphotographie
Currently Being Moderated

Bug in soft proof mode

Jul 12, 2012 9:15 AM

Tags: #lightroom #soft #bugs #proofing

Again, I'm learning a lot these days...

... but, there is this random error  :

I'm in Soft Proof mode.

1- I'm on the original image. I click on CREATE PROOF COPY and all the menu stays in grey - it's impossible to apply any change to the image until I clic and clic again the SOFT PROOFING button. This is frustrating - if you have 50 images to soft proof and you have to go back and forth all the time - it is time consuming.

2 - Still in SOFT PROOFING mode, it doesn't always ask me to create a new image as soon as I make a change to the image. Again, very time consuming because there is no clear guide... Will it always do it or where do I select the option to always create a soft proof copy as soon as I make a change to an image while being in SOFT PROOFING mode.

I do think those are bugs because of their randomness. I would love to have the insight of the community on this !

I do have the 4.1 version.

Thanks !

Replies
  • Andrew Rodney
    1,387 posts
    Apr 16, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2012 9:48 AM   in reply to pbphotographie

Well in terms of #2, if you are asked to make a Proof Copy and don’t, you are not asked again if you toggle soft proof off then on again. Frankly I think that feels like a bug, but I’m told it is by design.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 12, 2012 10:42 AM   in reply to pbphotographie

From your description it would seem that your entering Proof mode via the Settings menu in Develop module. For editing purposes you should enter 'Soft Proof' mode by toggling on the 'Soft Proofing' option on the toolbar below the image. This way the soft proofing panel is fully enabled.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 16, 2013 6:01 AM   in reply to pbphotographie

Sorry to resurrect this thread after a number of months, but I have only just starting using Lightroom, rather than Photoshop, for soft-proofing and believe that I have the exact same issue as the original poster.

I am using Lightroom 4.4 on OS X 10.8.3

The issue, which does not happen every time, but very frequently:

To enter softproofing mode I check the appropriate Soft Proofing box, whilst in the Develop module and, initially all develop controls are available.

However, if I decide to allow Lightroom to create a proof copy after starting to make adjustments, or decide to create a proof copy myself using the button below the histogram, all develop controls are greyed out and unavailable.

To resolve the problem, I must then un-check and then re-check the Soft Proofing tick-box.

This has become a bit of an annoyance and any solution would be appreciated.

Many thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points