Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Media Core CS6 has stopped working

Jul 12, 2012 1:55 PM

On my laptop with Windows 7 I get the error message: "Adobe Media Core CS6 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly, Please Close the program."

This message appears since I have installed the trial version of Adobe Premiere Elements 10.

My laptop also has Adobe Design Premium CS5.5, with Photoshop and several other programs, installed,

The message appears after starting my computer, and also after closing Premiere Elements 10.

I can simply click away the message. All programs work fine, including Premeire Elements 10, but the message is annoying.

Does anyone know what causes the message, and how to get rid of it?

Erik

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 15, 2012 12:13 AM   in reply to eriksalomons

You're not telling us anything about your computer much less any info from your system event viewer. Without that, nobody can give you any definite answer. A lot of times this is simply caused by flakey graphics and audio drivers, so update them. anything beyond that requires more info.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2012 3:40 PM   in reply to eriksalomons

Erik,

I also got this error message when closing Elements 10, and without reviewing your event logs one of the simpler pointers to the issue is to click the little down error in the "stopped working" message box next to the phrase "View problem details"..

In my case the problem showed to be from QuickTime.. (I had removed it thinking I did not need or want to use it)

For example, here's the first few lines of my error details..

Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
      Application Name:Adobe QT32 Server.exe
      Application Version:6.0.0.0
      Application Timestamp:4e79105f
      Fault Module Name:QuickTime.qts_unloaded

If you view your problem details, select the first half dozen line or so and then paste it in a reply it might assist in helping with an answer for you..

To fix my problem, I reinstalled QuickTime from apple..

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points