Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

playhead randomly JUMPS to the end of the timeline when "editing" during playback

Jul 23, 2012 4:08 PM

CS 6.0.1

OSX 10.7.4

I love the new feature in CS6 that lets you edit DURING playback, and playback won't stop. Brilliant.

Now, I use this feature a lot making cuts as I go. I use the "command + shift + k" combo to make an edit to all tracks while the playhead is moving along. It seems though that every so often when I do this, the playhead warps to the end of the timeline. Very frustrating, and when dealing with long timelines,really slows me down, to get back to where I was working.

Also I can repeat this "glitch" very easily, so its not some totally random occurance. Just pushing cmd+shift+k while the playhead is moving a few times repeats it very quickly.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or toggling some OTHER key command inadvertently? Or is this a legit glitch?

EDIT: I would like to add that using the "nudge" command during playback has the same glitch of arbitrarily jumping to the end of the timeline if you click the nudge command quickly in succession.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 29, 2012 2:44 PM   in reply to dv416

having the same problem, playhead jumps to the end of the timeline after adding an edit while playing. Can someone from Adobe chime in here?

thx,

Jayson

youtube.com/AWDEfilms

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2012 9:31 AM   in reply to woodybrando

I also have the problem.  Makes premiere unusable.   Please explain how to disable edit on the fly or fix it.

**UPDATE BELOW**

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2013 11:43 AM   in reply to cliffclof

This issue was NOT resolved by manually installing all cs6 updates that were failing with adobe product manager, then doing a clean installation of the latest drivers from Nvidia's website using the ODE (Optimal Drivers for Enterprise) Graphics Drivers.

The issue came back after editing for a little bit., however this following fix worked:

*FIXED BY ADOBE TECH SUPPORT INDIA*

The solution was to delete all media cache files and all cache settings for the specific project.   Check all your cache locations and encoded media file locations.

Rebuild project on load.... edit.    Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 12:18 AM   in reply to dv416

Having the same issue... very anoying. Another glitch I've noticed is sometimes you have to name bins twice. If it happens to you, you'll know what im talking about

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2012 8:36 AM   in reply to dv416

I am also experiencing this, was there a fix because it is unusable?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2012 9:12 AM   in reply to dv416

I don't use a Mac, but I did save a previous discussion link... may help (or not... as I said, I don't use a Mac)

Mac and Playback http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/842/cpsid_84287.html

If that doesn't help, you may need to file a bug report https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2012 9:18 AM   in reply to John T Smith

Oh thanks. I don't use a Mac either though, I should have been more specific. I have Windows and V6.0.3. I can't pin down what causes it either, it just started yesterday and now does it randomly. Very strange.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 1:32 PM   in reply to Malcolm_HB

HI Guys just wondering if this REALLY annoying issue has been fixed yet?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 11, 2013 3:05 PM   in reply to D-Meister

AAAAH, same problem here!! I never experienced this problem and I'm cutting on Premiere a long time.

Can it be some issue with Rovi Totalcode, which we just installed to import XAVC footage? Anyone else use alternativ players and playpack engines here?

Hope this can be fixed....

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2013 11:43 AM   in reply to Zatdere12

Did you try the delete all media caches solution and rebuilding the project?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2013 12:00 PM   in reply to cliffclof

of course as this was your solution in your post above, no changes.

I have this issue in another project too . I will try a clean reinstall of the Suite because altought you can work this IS really annoying.

Regards

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2013 7:27 PM   in reply to Zatdere12

Didn't mean to sound condescending if that is how you felt, I was curious because I don't want this to happen to me again.    Can you post back your solution once found please.  If all your caches are cleared for both the project location and the main program cache and encoded files, then I am totally lost.   I feel your pain.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points