Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Save for Web fails in Illu 64-bit

Jul 16, 2012 8:19 AM

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and Illustrator CS6 64-bit latest (just updated an hour ago). When I go to "Save for Web" I get error:

The operation cannot complete  because of an unknown error [CANT]

May be worth noting that I also get error "Error loading plugins. Drop shadow.aip" on startup. this appears to be an issue that Adobe is aware of and has chosen to provide no solution for as of yet. However, if there is a solution and I'm overlooking it, please advise.

This is on a fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit followed by a fresh install of CS6.

Thanks,

-billb

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 16, 2012 6:17 PM   in reply to otdocman

Usually that error means memory or similar. How many RAM you have (if you are on 64 bit i guess more than 4gb)

You always get the Drop shadow.aip error?

How big is the document  or artboard to export?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2012 12:25 AM   in reply to otdocman

This is not memory related. You are missing a system DLL/ it has not been properly installed. Manually install the MSVC 2008 and 2010 runtimes from Microsoft using the correct 64bit versions. You may also need to install .NET runtime, if the issue persists due to some under-the-hood wiring being broken on your system.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2012 11:07 AM   in reply to otdocman

I'm getting the same error message

The operation cannot complete  because of an unknown error [CANT]

when I try to 3D extrude an object. there are several objects on the page and I have no issues performing the same task on them. just this one object.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2012 1:53 AM   in reply to RoamingBroncoFan

I've got this error too, when saving for web, it displays that window and nothing appears. The only way i've fixed this is to run Illustrator as an administrator.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 8:00 PM   in reply to RoamingBroncoFan

I'm having this same issue as well. I'm using Illustrator 16.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.8.2. Is there any solution?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points