• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FlashPlayerPlugin_11_3_300_265 starts twice in firefox every time

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Vista 32, firefox 13.0.1, FlashPlayerPlugin_11_3_300_265.

Starting firefox, the moment a flash item is detected, the FlashPlayerPlugin_11_3_300_265 starts twice (checking in TaskManager), both instances using cpu time and memory. This has only occurred since installing latest version of Fp.

The flash is sluggish, doesn't refresh properly, has latent areas of 'old' information. Some programs (flash) take an inordinate amount of time to update items like decision buttons appearing. Some BBC flash items won't load at all.

Chrome doesn't seem to have an issue. I refuse to use IE on principle .

Can anyone tell me why the exe runs twice, creating conflicts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see that on my system (using Waterfox 13).  Do you see the plugin_container?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the relatively new "sandboxing" security feature.  As noted in this blog --

http://blogs.adobe.com/asset/2012/06/inside-flash-player-protected-mode-for-firefox.html

-- there are actually three connected processes running:  plugin-container.exe, which Firefox has used for some time, along with two instances of Flash Player.  (In my task manager, for instance, "FlashPlayerPlugin_11_3_300_265.exe" is listed twice--each with a different memory "value.")

I don't pretend to understand the rest of it.

As for the sluggishness, there are a number of settings changes you can try for troubleshooting purposes to see if the performance is improved, such as disabling or enabling hardware acceleration for both your browser and Flash Player, disabling plugins, etc.  If you're lucky, something might work to hold you over until all of this is fixed.

OF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thing happening to me.  I'm using FF 21.0 on Win 7.  Two instances of Flash Player, each with different memory usage but browser crashes with Shockwave error very frequently.  Have disabled hardware acceleration, no difference, still same Shockwave error and browser hangs.

FlashPlayerPlugin_11_7_700_202 is the version #.  I've also gone the uninstall, reboot, reinstall route but again, no help.

Can someone please advise what might be the cause and a potential real fix?  It's very aggravating.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines