New Here ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 9.0.2.271

Word 2010

Windows 7

PC

Still working with equations: a "where" table follows the equation and explains the terms and variables in the equation. I want the vertical spacing in the print document to look as close to the WebHelp as possibl--and it's not.

Everything looks good in the WebHelp.

Eqn1.jpg

However, in the print document there is far too much vertical space between the table rows.

Eqn2.jpg

I checked my RH stylesheet and the three styles used in a row (right-, center- and left-aligned) are the same except for the horizontal alignment. I checked the Word styles and they appear to be okay. I also tried manually adjusting the row height in the print document, but even though I get the pointer showing I can adjust the row height, nothing happens.

In addition, sometimes a table contains rows of variable heights--some are what I want and some have the extra vertical space.

If all rows were the same height, I would accept that this is just the way RoboHelp works. However since some rows are the way they should be, I'm just wondering what is going on.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

- Mary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are referring to generating a printed document rather than the user printing the topic, correct?

If you are using the project CSS in the last page of the wizard, try mapping to a Word template, you have more control by mapping the RoboHelp styles to Word styles and you can edit the Word styles. Not sure if that is the issue but it's worth trying. There is more about printed documentation on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp