• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[SOLUTION] Installer displays incorrect language

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who have the same issue as myself and have attempted to install Flash through adobe.com but keep seeing some gibberish language in the installer (i.e. you are French. You chose the ENGLISH installer, but it still displays the text in French...) this is pretty much the only way I've found to work around Adobe's pathetic and useless programming skills: Go to youtube.com and install it from there. Your browser will tell you that you need to get an add-on to view the content. THIS installer is in English.

Good job, Adobe. Good damn job. Let's all hope HTML5 becomes mainstream FAST.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only one installer, and it will run in the language of your OS' codepage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2012 Jul 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would you figure? I see a different language when: 1) Downloading and running the installer from the harddrive. 2) Running from Internet Explorer. 3) Running through FireFox add-on manager.

1) Norwegian

2) Norwegian

3) English

Windows is English, downloaded from mydigitallife (MS partner for ISO) so I don't see how the OS' codepage would somehow display Norwegian. That would be a major, world-spread coding error on Microsoft's part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2012 Jul 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Windows version, and what is your codepage?

Can you post screenshots of these various install methods?

Actually I am a little bit unsure now; my codepage is set to Japanese, but all Adobe installers run in English.  (Other installers, like JRE 1.6 run in Japanese.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

I have the opposite experience. After updating to the new 11.6.602.168 version every customer gets an english install insted of the MUI OS language. The 11.5.502.149 version works like it is expected.

Have couple of cases in the community, but have not got any solutions yet.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5090508

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1156128?tstart=0

If any of you have a solution for this, it would be good.

Thanx in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines