Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot view entire directory of mapped network drive

Jul 17, 2012 9:15 AM

Tags: #adobe #open #windows #document #7 #drive #win7 #folders #network #standard #directory #save_as #mapped

I have 2 users that are having issues viewing our entire directory of a mapped network drive. The user creates a PDF and then chooses to save it in Adobe, when the dialog box pops up asking where to save, they view our mapped network drives and are not able to look beyond a certain amount of folders located inside of that mapped network drive. We have tons of folders in the drive. Users are able to see different folders but only up to a certain folder then the rest are not being shown. The number of shown folders always changes as well. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Is there a setting to change that will allow our users to view all of the folders located on that network drive? Our users are using the workaround of saving the PDF on their desktop and manually cutting and pasting the document into its respective folder under the mapped network drive.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2012 10:50 AM   in reply to DoubleUPC

Have you tried opening up the save dialogue and waiting for a while? It might be that your network connection is just slow and taking a while to load up. What happens when you try to access the drive from other programs?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 23, 2012 12:53 PM   in reply to DoubleUPC

I think you would, but as you can replicate the problem with other programs, I would take a look at your server connection—this isn't a problem related to your computer's software.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points