Skip navigation
FirmansyahR
Currently Being Moderated

3D Mode Tool are not working in Photoshop CS6

Jul 18, 2012 5:07 AM

Tags: #photoshop #problem #not #working #3d #mode #to #tool #how #cs6 #fix #work

Hello everyone. First, I want to tell you that I use ATI Radeon HD 6730M with 12.2 driver series. and I just   found out that my Photoshop CS6 3D mode tool not working in advanced drawing mode, like this.

Untitled.png

As well as normal drawing mode. Please help to fix this problem.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2012 5:09 AM   in reply to FirmansyahR

Have you tried Basic?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 18, 2012 5:15 AM   in reply to FirmansyahR

What exactly happens or does not happen?

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,482 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 18, 2012 8:03 AM   in reply to FirmansyahR

When you changed the options in the Preferences - Performance - Advanced Options section, did you close Photoshop and restart it before testing?  That's necessary or you won't be testing what you think you are.

Assuming you have done so, if you have exhausted the various GPU options, I don't think you have any other options beyond waiting for a new and improved display driver.  I suppose it's possible the Adobe folks might improve their code to make it work better on different setups, but generally speaking these kinds of things seem to be glitches in the display driver.

I just tried a similar operation to what you're doing on my Radeon HD 5670 with Catalyst 12.6 drivers and it seems to work okay.

3DWith5670.jpg

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,482 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jul 18, 2012 8:45 AM   in reply to FirmansyahR

I'd say there's a pretty good chance that if you can install Catalyst 12.6 on your system it will help.  I assumed before that it might be a problem to do so since you have the M (mobile) chipset, and those are usually found in laptops.  Laptops don't usually have the same options for updating display drivers as desktops.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points