Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can not burn Bluray Discs? Error

Jul 19, 2012 9:15 PM

I just upgraded to CS5.5 to CS6. I have never had this problem before. I keep trying to burn a Bluray using Encore CS6, however, i keep getting this maessage after the program tries to burn the Disc: "Bluray Error: "device error", Code: "3", Note "CreateStcSequence:Fail to write M2S file""

Encore will burn the 8.22gb of 8.49gb to disc and then display the aove message. I keep burning coasters, Grrr! How can I resolve this? Thank you.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 19, 2012 9:55 PM   in reply to rexomus

This error is generally related to the burning media.

1. Save your project.

2. Quit Encore.

3. Clear any session files present in the AuthorScriptHDMVSessions folder. (This folder, if present, will be in your project folder.      Go into the folder and delete all the files there. But again if burning failed before completion, this folder might not be      present.)

4. Then re-launch Encore, open the project and burn the project again.

This error might be caused by the faulty blu-ray burner OR faulty BD. Try changing the disc and burn again. (PLEASE USE BD-RE Media to avoid wastage of discs)

-Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2012 10:55 PM   in reply to rexomus

You don't need to worry about this folder. I was just highlighting one possible reason. But again if your burning did not complete, this folder will not be present there. There is some change in this in CS6.

Did you try other alternatives?

-Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 12:28 AM   in reply to rexomus

Did you quit Encore and relaunched it?

Also, sometimes there are the cases where Encore can not write to a particular segment of the disc. That is why I was suggesting you to change the disc.

-Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 12:36 AM   in reply to rexomus

Then I can doubt only the two things :

1. Burner or

2. Disc (It would be good if you can try with a BD-RE file to clarify this option.)

You can also try cleaning all the temp files from the systems.

-Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 9:37 AM   in reply to rexomus

Are you using the Run as Administrator option? http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2012 11:41 PM   in reply to rexomus

Encore uses third party code to burn to Blu-ray which keeps on updating time to time. This error is seen in CS6 only with no consistent steps but I have already mentioned the workarounds. The error is generally  because Encore is not able to get access to something related to burn process. Most of the times it is the disc or the burner but sometimes there are some session files whose timestamps might get changed before writing to disc starts. Could you provide me the details of the project as to what is there in the project and what you did through the burning process?

Did you by any chance cancel the burning process in between and then tried again?

-Ramesh.

Message was edited by: Ramesh_Encore

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 5:04 AM   in reply to rexomus

Are you able to burn to Blu-ray Image in Encore?

-Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2012 3:33 PM   in reply to Ramesh_Encore

And yes I can burn a blu-Ray image made in ENCORE    BUT if I build to burn too Disc  in Encore.

I get same error as REXmous does above  :

" bluray error device error code 3 createstc sequence failed to write m2s file"

But Blu ray player burns fine outside encore with same disc as well. Not hardware issue.

This sounds like another Encore 6 error.

I have latest Encore version 6 with all updates  by the way. 

Using LG Blu Ray internal Blu Ray burner ( brand new ) .

Windows 7 64 platform  quad Core system

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2012 5:52 AM   in reply to rexomus

A very frustrating problem. I have not even tested the burn in CS6, since I have not used Encore to burn disks since the first version I had (CS3). I use imgburn.

Ramesh at post 10 seems to indicate that they are aware of a problem, and that workarounds help in some cases. If you have not, file a bug report. If I were you, I would use alternate burning software.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2012 6:48 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

I have had the same problem to, it is cs6

I'm JUST going back to cs5.(what a upgrade)

or back to another burning software!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2012 10:55 PM   in reply to Skulltrail Editing

I had the same problem and filed a bug report. Then, I changed my blu-ray burner (12x, built-in) in my new system to the old burner - 8x, retail (both LG's) from the old PC. Suddenly, I am able to burn Blu-ray disc.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 1, 2012 1:01 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

Stan Jones wrote:

A very frustrating problem. I have not even tested the burn in CS6, since I have not used Encore to burn disks since the first version I had (CS3). I use imgburn.

....If I were you, I would use alternate burning software.

same here.

most of us on here who have used encore for several years just burn with an image burning software. imgburn is fantastic, and gives you more control of the process than encore. you may say "i don't want a workaround." but i don't see that as a workaround. i author the disc in encore, burn it in img burn.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2012 7:42 PM   in reply to Keith_Clark

I'm having the same problem. Can burn from cs5.5 but not from 6. Can someone tell me what alternate software is good for Mac and how I export the file(s?) from Encore? I am completely new to this. I tried saving the file as an Bluray image and also as a bluray folder. Both times my bluray player sees the disc as a data disc. What am I doing wrong?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2012 8:17 PM   in reply to kdcwll

Both times my bluray player sees the disc as a data disc. What am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure, but you're probably burning the image file to a disk, rather than burning the image as such.

Yes, you build to a folder or an image.

Is it Toast that is a Mac burning app?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2012 6:24 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

Thank you! I will try toast.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2012 3:33 PM   in reply to rexomus

Receiving the same error on a Macbook Pro 2.3GHz 16GB Ram, dual internal 512 SSD.

I recently began having the same issue after switching to a new USB self powered blu-ray burner. Previously I was using a Lacie burner I bought a few years ago which only burns at 1x. Tired of slow performance, I bought an 8x burner. This is when I started having problems. I switched back to my old burner and burning a disc from Encore worked again with out giving me the error. The Lacie burner requires it's own power. It's an external burner but the size of a desktop drive, not a self powered portable drive. I did learn one thing in this process that will forever change my workflow.

I don't plan to burn discs from Encore anymore. I now export a Blu-ray Folder and then use Toast for Mac to burn my blu-ray discs. After I deliver the project to my client and confirm they are content with the edits, I only need to save the Blu-ray folder now. To regain hard drive space I would delete render files from Premiere Pro and Encore. If I ever had to burn a new disc I would have to go through the render process all over again. Many of you may already be doing this but for me it is resulting in me saving tons of hard drive space. After 1 year, I delete all original footage and just keep the Blu-ray folder in case they need another disc produced. We end up with 150GB per event so this is going to save me a ton of storage once I go back and make blu-ray folders for all of my events.

The error is still annoying. Up until this error I had never had a failed burn attempt with blu-ray. However, I feel this new workflow will be more beneficial to me so I guess I'm glad it happened. I only lost 5 discs in the process of this error.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2012 5:09 PM   in reply to jeradhill

For the past few years I have had no problem buring Blue Ray DVD's on CS 4 to 5.5. Now that I have version 6 I have tried about everything and continue to receive the same error. No it is not my hardware the only difference is CS6.

Now I paid quite a bit of $$ to upgrade to the latest. Adobe, as I have read in this post other are experiencing the same issues.

Let's take this back to the developers and fix the issue. Listen to your customers!!!!!!

Error Code3.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2012 8:19 AM   in reply to Jlaw10

Update to previous post.

I exported the project from Premiere as a video file instead of using the dynamic link. Recreated all the menus and burning failed on my BluRay. Same error. I then took this project and created the video folders(BDMV) so I could try burning on another machine. No errors on Encore CS6 processing the files -  however when I took that project to a Primera duplicator and tried to burn a Blu Ray it also failed.

I recalled a Blu Ray project created on CS5 Encore and no problems burning it. Standard DVD project work fine on CS6 but not Blu Ray -  Any suggestions?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2012 7:56 AM   in reply to Jlaw10

Update: Rolled back to Encore CS5 and the problems went away. I can now burn Blu Ray's without any errors. If you are going to burn Blu Ray projects be aware of this bug in Encore CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2012 8:21 AM   in reply to Jlaw10

Please send a report to the Adobe product engineers

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2012 6:19 PM   in reply to John T Smith

Thanks John I already did!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2012 6:51 AM   in reply to rexomus

i am having the same exact problem i'm still reading hoping to find a fix

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2012 6:56 AM   in reply to Keith_Clark

how do you burn it in img burn from encore? i'm having the same problem and need to get these blurays out the door today.

after you build the project in encore, what do you do to burn it in imgburn?

thanks!!

wilky black

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2012 8:29 AM   in reply to hayzensproductions

Build to an image; then select the burn image option in imgburn.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2012 9:52 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

i did this and it works great!!!  it was difficult finding the correct place to download imgburn, but once i found it i was good to go.

thanks for the help and hopefully adobe will fix this soon!

for others out there, i went here to get img burn

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

and downloaded the mirror 7 link. it works great, i build the project from encore to image then select the image in the folder it was saved by choosing the burn image to disk command in imgburn.

tested it on 2 different bluray players and works like a charm.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2012 7:23 PM   in reply to hayzensproductions

Glad this worked for you but Adobe needs to fix this issue. We all buy the newsest versions of their products to take advantage of improvements and enhancements not bugs and software which does not function.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2012 1:38 PM   in reply to Jlaw10

I am also having this trouble. This is a bit dissappointing. I am going to try the disk image/imgburn method as a work around but Adobe needs to address this in update...

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2012 1:51 PM   in reply to ffdavidson

I went back to version 5 of Encore. Once I did this it worked fine. You are correct it is dissapointing.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 3:32 PM   in reply to Jlaw10

I am having the same problem in Encore CS6: Device Error, Code 3, CreateStuSequence, Fail to write M2S file.

I just burned 3 coasters. A week ago, I burned several Blu-ray discs from the same project, no problem. So burner and discs are fine.

I just made some minor tweeks to the menus in the project, nothing that would cause this.

These are videos of live band performances, so audio quality is very important. Thus, I don't want to go Image File --> Toast for burning, because of limited audio options in Toast.

Has this problem been fixed yet?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 4:01 PM   in reply to elbiciclista

I don't want to go Image File --> Toast for burning, because of limited audio options in Toast.

The image file (.iso) has all the details fixed in it. All toast is doing is burning the formatted image onto the disk. I don't think it can mess that  up. Give it a try and let us know.

Can you build to an image?

I have heard no updates on the status of this issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 6:15 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

I installed the CS6 upgrade, restarted my Mac Pro, tried again.

This time I got a Code 6 error, rather than a Code 3 error. Man.

Yes, I have been able to build an image. I am doing this right now, so I'll see if this is still working.

If you are correct about Toast (which certainly makes sense, I agree), then I am happy going Image File --> Toast.

The last time I tried it, I thought I was forced to select an audio format in Toast, but maybe I failed to tell Toast not to transcode.

I will give it a go tonight, and ask for help if I get in trouble.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points