Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Crop - Front image dimensions

Jul 20, 2012 6:54 AM

Tags: #cs6 #dimensions #crop_tool #crop_tool_preferences #crop_problem #front_image

Hi,

I have a little problem with the cropping tool in the new CS6 version.

In CS5 I had the oppotunity to choose "Front image" and the crop tool would copy the dimensions from the chosen image.

Now I made a mistake and cropped a picture with the wrong dimensions. Ususally I choose "original ratio", but this time I forgot. Then normally in CS5 I just choose one of the other pictures in my workspace (with the original dimensions) and hit the "front image" button, and then I got back the the picture I cropped in the wrong dimenions, and now I could easily crop it with the right dimensions.

I found another discussion in the forum that answered exactly this question, and it said "Try pressing 'R' in crop mode. It will open Crop Image Size & Resolution window, where you can choose Source: Custom, Front Image, etc."

But when I press "R" in the crop mode nothing like that comes up. Instead the oppotunity to rotate comes up... :-( Not what I was looking for...

What to do?

I work on a PC

Best regards

Hanne

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 20, 2012 7:04 AM   in reply to HPK_fotograf

Have you dragged out a Cropping Area before hitting R?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2012 1:41 AM   in reply to HPK_fotograf

Well, quite frankly it seems in CS6 not everything that has been changed has been changed in such a way as to make its use more efficient.

For example changing Path Operations now is a two-click (or click-drag-release) task when it was a one-click-task in CS5.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2012 2:20 AM   in reply to HPK_fotograf

With the crop tool selected you can right click on the image to get a pop-up menu.

I guess using the R shortcut is easier because you don't have switch images.

Clipboardd.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points