Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Will KillWhite run on Photoshop CS6 64-bit?

Jul 22, 2012 6:34 AM

Tags: #photoshop #cs6 #killwhite

So - now that I am in need of what looks like just the most perfect and amazing solution... am stymied about getting it to work with CS6 Photoshop Extended (64-bit) - what am I missing?

When I run the filter (in CS6 64-bit), white isn't removed, instead the entire image gets all smeary as if the Oil Paint... filter had been applied.

Attempts in getting KillWhite to run from other CS installations on this 64-bit machine; CS4 & CS5.5 both 32 and 64, have been even more frustrating requiring re-entry of serial numbers, EUAs, etc., only to have PS fail to run at all even with several computer restarts and much testing.

Thanks for any help.

Kelly

Replies
  • JJMack
    5,980 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jul 22, 2012 8:52 AM   in reply to kellybellis

Looking at this link http://mikes3d.com/extra/scripting-plugins/killwhite/ it look like its a 32bit plugin there is one for the 64bit pixel bender but CS6 does not support pixel bender

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,980 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jul 22, 2012 7:52 PM   in reply to kellybellis

Its not a script its a compiled plug-in. You would need to be a pogrammer have the source code, have Adobe's SDK and a the right compiler.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 22, 2012 7:52 PM   in reply to kellybellis

If your on windows did you install the 32 bit version of photoshop cs6?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 23, 2012 2:38 AM   in reply to kellybellis

The regular "killwhite" 32 bit plugin should work in the 32 bit version of photoshop cs6.

(not the pixel bender plugin>kernal and script)

I guess you installed the script and that's calling up the oil paint filter in cs6 which is based on the pixel bender oil paint.

For the regular 32 bit plugin the script isn't needed.

Message was edited by: R_Kelly

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,980 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jul 23, 2012 4:40 AM   in reply to kellybellis

kellybellis wrote:

So - now that I am in need of what looks like just the most perfect and amazing solution... am stymied about getting it to work with CS6 Photoshop Extended (64-bit) - what am I missing?

What your missing is that when you install CS6 on a 64bit machine is that Adobe's default install process install two Photoshop CS6 programs and trees on your system. A 64 bit version and a 32 Bit version.  KillWhite plug-in is a 32bit plug-in that would need to be installed into the 32bit Photoshop CS6. Adobe changed where they want users to install plugin to folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Plug-ins and you would need to run CS6  32Bit to use it. See here

KillWhite32.jpg

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,980 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jul 23, 2012 6:30 AM   in reply to kellybellis

You seem to have a hard time understanding Adobe changed where they want users to install plug-ins in CS6 for 32bit plug-ins you copy the plug-in to folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Plug-ins  in your case  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Plug-ins\KillWhite.8bf" then you start Photoshop CS6 32bit version using "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Photoshop.exe"  http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/release-note/release-notes-photoshop- cs6.html

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,980 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jul 23, 2012 7:47 AM   in reply to kellybellis

try resetting your photoshop preferences atl+ctrl+shift as soon as you start photoshop before photoshop startup logo shows,

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points