?

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,043 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 24, 2012 1:06 AM   in reply to station_two

Yes, it sometimes happens, the poster writes a question, then deletes it, and the first post remains.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 7, 2013 2:31 PM   in reply to Community Help

My goodness. So, I have been reading this info and taking notes for the last couple of days only to find it is quite outdated like MOST of the "Help"/manual for Adobe products. This is beyond frustrating. I won't even go into how much this software cost and how I feel that Adobe should update their info or at the very least make a note that it is outdated and people should look elsewhere for the proper information.

Here is a link I wish I had found two days ago ...

http://blogs.adobe.com/ivandavid/illustrator_cs6_save_for_web/

in case your wondering why the above info mentions things in the Save For Web and Devices dialog but you cannot find such info ... the link above will answer that and more for you. Oh, and it is no longer called that it is just Save for Web. Guess that should have been my first clue. lol

Come on Adobe ... please put some of that CC $ toward updating your manual!!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 7, 2013 3:10 PM   in reply to Kar209

Is there a question here?  As a user to user site you are not addressing Adobe.  Personally I rarely rely on Adobe publications as they never seem to address the issue in enough depth.  I do use the web and look for a better source, Adobe forum thread, but not a blog.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2013 12:57 PM   in reply to Curt Y

seriously curt? i'm suppose to know that i am not addressing Adobe in even the slightest way when i see "STAFF" answering questions and what other "tells" are there? the big banner across the top that says" this is a user to user forum?

sorry, if i just assumed that Adobe made this forum and that i think they ought to keep their "user manual" up to date.

so, your question is ... is there a question here?

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2013 4:08 PM   in reply to Kar209

seriously curt? i'm suppose to know that i am not addressing Adobe in even the slightest way when i see "STAFF" answering questions and what other "tells" are there? the big banner across the top that says" this is a user to user forum?

Their might be a misunderstanding but for some reason you did visit the manual online and pressed a button that lead to appearing of only a headline on the Bridge forum page.

Without knowing what you are using (via email or via the site) this is what regular Bridge forum subscribers see on the Bridge general discussion site:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5310139#5310139

Not to mention the email subscribers who only saw post 3 to appear first in their mailboxes.

I don't know where you get the idea of 'staff' but Pierre is a respected forum member who also volunteered to keep an eye on this forum and MVP stands for Most Valuable Participant.

You may blame Adobe for the forum mix up but we humble users are used to questions on this user to user to forum, hence the reactions. You don't address Adobe but us users here on the forum pages. While there might be some staff acting as forum moderators and occasionally an engineer visiting and answering in his spare time you really have to find a different way to make Adobe clear about what you think about the manuals

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2014 11:10 PM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

you know what?

i'm reading this again ... and FRANKLY i just don't get why what i wrote was taken the way it was.

i was refferring to the Adobe Manual and in no sentence whatsoever did i ever say anything about the forum or the people that kindly contribute to the forum.

i was taking notes from the manual that Adobe puts out there as a way for people to learn and yet they don't keep it up to date. that was my issue. never once did i ever say that i didn't appreciate those that help out and respond to questions. i Never made a personal attack. and yet as i read through this again i realize that i was being put down for being a little upset about outdated info. i didn't say anything like ... hey Mr. So and So you gave me outdated info and you, yes you personally wasted my time. i mean gosh. sorry.

also, indeed as a new user and to those that are new to forums and chatrooms etc. there is no way to know that this forum wasn't indeed run by Adobe employees. just say'n.

I CERTAINLY HOPE that Pierre (i hope i got his name right as i can' see it right now) did not think that i was addressing him. if so, i am very sorry and i hope you do understand that when i said Adobe that i mean Adobe and not anyone else.

Thanx.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points