Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Isolation mode no longer works as expected in CS6

Jul 23, 2012 8:59 PM

Tags: #problem #bug

Previously when editing a group in isolation mode you could double-click a group and then the individual objects in that group become editable. Now in CS6 a group remains grouped in isolation mode, so to edit individual objects the group needs to be manually ungrouped while in isolation mode, then you have to remember to group them again before exiting isolation. This is a very un-useful new development. CS6, Windows 7 x64.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 23, 2012 9:02 PM   in reply to dv8kiwi

Actually isolation mode simply tunnels into a group. If a set of objects are grouped multiple times, you have to tunnel in to isolation mode for each grouping.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2012 10:35 PM   in reply to dv8kiwi

Works fine on a Mac just as you would expect it.

I have not seen the complaint before so I am thinking a corrupt settings folder or a conflicting softare or font.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 4:42 AM   in reply to dv8kiwi

Not necessarily. Since you are so far the only one posting I would be more incline to at there is a conflict

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 11:27 PM   in reply to dv8kiwi

I disagree with you but I will not say any more except good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 12:56 AM   in reply to dv8kiwi

I've tested it on Illustrator CS6 64bit (Win7)... seems to work fine...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 11:32 AM   in reply to dv8kiwi

First I am pleased you overcame the problem and that you posed the cause and effect.

Then I am please that this is marked answered and that others will see that inspite of what they might think there is always a good chance, if they are the only one or part of a small group of users, tthat are experiencing an issue that this issue could very well be a conflict even if they tried everything, except of course the one thing they forgot to try.

Plug ins, Fonts, Third party installs and updates are always suspect as is Microsoft software.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points