Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SSL issues with protected mode

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Since the introduction of Protected Mode we started having issues with connection to our FMS (Red5) server. Connnection is encrypted using rtmps, the certifiacte is signed and verifed.

On browsers with protected mode (Chrome & Firefox) using Windows, no connection can be established. Before Firefox recieved protected mode it worked fine. MacOSX versions of these browsers also work fine. The issue is only in windows.

Current workarounds we found:

- disabling protected mode in these browsers

- using debug player versions instead of release players

More detailed information is posted here: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3057375

Is it a bug. or is it a feature of protected mode we are not using correctly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping. (Sorry for that - but I really need some kind of an answer... Any Adobe guys here?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect this might be related to this bug: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3216018

If so, the good news is that this should be fixed in our next beta release (due in a week or two).  Please watch our announcement forum for details and let me know (ccampbel@adobe.com) if the problem continues to occur.

Thanks,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! Looks like my problem. Waiting for the next version rollout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines