Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Screen Preview Error

Jul 24, 2012 12:49 PM

Tags: #error #bridge #mac #previews #glitch #cs6 #bridge_cs6

Ok, I'm getting a problem when I hit the spacebar in Bridge CS6. Instead of viewing the image full screen, I get the attached screenshot. The same thing happens when I enter review mode.

I'm using Mac OS X 10.7.4 with CS6.

thank you

Screen Shot 2012-07-24 at 3.44.02 PM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 24, 2012 1:10 PM   in reply to JeffSydor

Do you have the latest OS?  It looks like a GPU driver problem.

You might get relief if you go to advanced preferences and check "use software rendering".

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 7:36 PM   in reply to Curt Y

Curt Y wrote:

Do you have the latest OS?…

Yup, at this time that is the very latest version of the newest Mac OS X, Lion.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2012 7:46 PM   in reply to station_two

Apple introduced a veritable army of video bugs with Lion 10.7.0 and, as of the current 10.7.4, has only fixed some of them.  One of the many reasons why I'm staying with Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and not upgrading further.

By the time Snow Leopard becomes utterly obsolete, I'll have to ponder whether to get a Windows desktop box, 'cause the upcoming Mountain Lion (10.8.x, due out any day now) looks to be a further dumbing down of Lion

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 5, 2012 6:49 PM   in reply to JeffSydor

JeffSydor wrote:

I started getting this error again everytime I closed my laptop and put it to sleep while bridge was still running.

I tried toggling that option but it goes back to the error when I toggle back.

Just checking that option and restarting the application fixes the error.

Thanks Curt!

Not a computer expert but offhand I would say that your video card is not "waking up" properly after hibernation.  More knowledgable people suggest hibernation can be a risky venture.

If use software rendering works it means your video card/driver is not up to the task.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points