Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat FormsCentral Javascript

Jul 24, 2012 4:27 PM

Tags: #acrobat #javascript #formscentral

If I want to add Javascript to the components in a form, my workaround is to export the online form from FormsCentral and save as a PDF, open in Acrobat Pro then use the Tools/Form option to add Javascript to the Submit buttom and textboxes. Is this the right approach? I'm asking because I don't know if there is a straight-forward feature in Acrobat or FormsCentral to do this and if there is something implemented that is easier than this approach, thanks! When I try to create a form through Acrobat Pro it tells me to open FormsCentral to create the form but I want to have the ability to use Javascript in Acrobat to create the form.

Replies
  • Randy Swineford
    2,339 posts
    Mar 7, 2011
    Jul 24, 2012 4:32 PM   in reply to helennong

Your workflow is fine. Just wondering what FormsCentral isn't doing for you - why do you need to add the JS?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 19, 2014 6:57 AM   in reply to Randy Swineford

Hello same problem, I have to use the javascript code.

The reason is that I have to create an order form where the customer enters the quantity of products and I would like the total field of compilassero automatically as in a spreadsheet.

How can I do this? Since FORMCENTRAL not allow inseirmento of Javascipt.

I use Adobe Acrobat XI cc.

I look forward to feedback.

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,671 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Apr 19, 2014 11:34 AM   in reply to Digitalnat

If you're working with a PDF exported from FormsCentral, you first have to open it in Acrobat and select: File > Save a Copy

Then open this new file (it doesn't open automatically) and make your changes in Acrobat. Here's some more info: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3661

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points