Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed Captioning Spacing

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
I am currently using adobe presenter 7.0 and my slides notes (closed captioning) look fine in the powerpoint mode, but when I publish, sometimes the words do not include a space.  They look the way they should in ppt and I have also performed a spell check.  Why is this combining some of the words and what can I do to fix it?

ccspacing.jpg

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on version 7.0.6 or 7.0.7? If so start by upgrading to one of those two versions. 7.0.6 can be achieved by using the update feature in the Help menu of Presenter, and 7.0.7 can be achieved by using the updates found at, http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=153&platform=Windows, and the instructions found at http://helpx.adobe.com/presenter.html

With that done, you may try experimenting with publishing the presentation from a PPT file instead of a PPTX (or PPTX instead of PPT), and see if that helps resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently I have 7.0.6 build 7604; I am going to try running  7.0.7.  Hopefully this will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, since that post, you can also try upgrading to Presenter 8, and see if that makes a difference.

Let us know if it does get resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perhaps a bug related issue?

for free? 

Shoud I go to 7.06 or 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go to 7.0.6 or 7.0.7 for free. Presenter 8 is a paid upgrade.

I'm not aware of this being a bug in 7.0.5, but it certainly could have been. I would go to 7.0.6 and see if the issue is fixed. Also try the PPT instead of PPTX trick. Then if that doesn't work, I'd try 7.0.7.

You can always try the Trial versio of Presenter 8, but you would have to uninstall Presenter 7 to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have specific reasons why not 7.7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it requires an uninstall and reinstall. So going to 7.0.6 is an easier step to start with, and I prefer to start with the easy stuff!

However if you are working with Connect 8.1 or newer, then you should be on 7.0.7 anyhow, as it is required to work propperly in live meeting rooms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I did upgrade to the 7.0.7; however, I am now running into screens duplicating on top of each other.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources