Skip navigation
bomobob
Currently Being Moderated

PS CS6 stealing focus in OSX

Jul 25, 2012 7:27 AM

Tags: #lion #application #osx #focus #clicking

This happenes often, but not consistently.

I'm using CS6 (regular) with OSX Lion, 16GB RAM.

Once I have a few files open, Photoshop starts "stealing" the cursor focus, which is to say if I go to any other application, as soon as I make one click, PS jumps into the foreground and becomes the active application. The click I made in the other app was applied, and I can see it when I go back to that app, but as soon as I click again, Photoshop pops back into focus.

The only workaround I've found is minmizing PS while I use other apps. Or closing it and restarting it. Sometimes just reducing the program window works, and sometimes not.

Weird stuff.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 25, 2012 8:14 AM   in reply to bomobob

You can easily reproduce this effect? Maybe try making a screen capture so you can show this happening.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,469 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 25, 2012 10:11 AM   in reply to bomobob

Just to be clear, have you tasked it with doing something (e.g., running a long action) when this happens, or is it otherwise idle?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 25, 2012 5:58 PM   in reply to bomobob

Do you have the application frame visible? The focus works slightly different (code wise) when the application frame is on as opposed to off. (BTW, that is not to say what you are experiencing is correct - but rather running with, or without the application frame may solve the focus problem).

I will have a QE contact you to see if we can get steps to reproduce the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 10:13 PM   in reply to bomobob

This is happening to me as well, although I am using Windows 7. I like to alt+tab to jump around applications. If PS is in fullscreen mode (press f 3 times) then it does not allow other applications to take focus over it. It simply switches back to the front app on the next screen refresh (instantly).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points