Skip navigation
re0
Currently Being Moderated

Submission Issues on Fillable forms

Jul 26, 2012 12:29 PM

I have a form hosted on an intranet website, I have no trouble submitting it with my desktop email. 

Some co-workers are getting a "This operation not permitted" error once they press the submission button.  When they try to fill in a field, they get a warning saying that the file won't save and will only submit data.

I have acrobat pro, my development co-worker has distiller, only difference I can see.  The end users only have acrobat reader.  This form works for some of the users, but not all.  It doesn't work for my development co-worker, on either IE or FF.

When opening up file in pro, it shows no security and everything is allowed.  Co-worker gets only 4 things allowed, same file.

Help?

Message was edited by: re0 - sorry, was a bit terse at first.  Frustration will do that to you.

Replies
  • George Johnson
    11,671 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 27, 2012 11:55 PM   in reply to re0

In order to submit the entire form with Reader, the document has to be Reader-enabled, which you can do with Acrobat. This allows Reader to save a filled-in form, which is automatically done as part of the submit process. If the form is distributed to 500 or fewer recipients, then there won't be any licensing restrictions.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points