Skip navigation
pgh77
Currently Being Moderated

Delete function

Jul 26, 2012 1:14 PM

Once I open documents in Adobe Reader on my iPad and they are included in my document library, how do I delete them?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 26, 2012 3:04 PM   in reply to pgh77

If you tap the "edit" button in the top-right of the window when in Documents view, you will be able to select documents to Delete, Rename, Duplicate, and Move into folders.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 26, 2012 3:29 PM   in reply to pgh77

Once you choose Edit, there should be icons that appear at the top of the document list for each of these functions. They will be greyed out if the function doesn't make sense for the current selection.

The icons are

Folder with + Sign : Create a Folder, only active if there are no documents selected

Two Documents : Duplicate Selected Documents, only active if there are 1 or more documents selected

Folder with -> : Move to folder, only available if there are 1 or more documents selected

Box with Text Cursor and ... : Rename, only available if there is 1 document selected

Trashcan : Delete, only available if there are 1 or more documents selected

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2012 8:34 AM   in reply to Dennis Griffin (Adobe)

I select 4 doc's and then the edit button.  The doc's uncheck and nothing else happens. What's up with that?   Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2012 8:48 AM   in reply to rx35285

If you don't see the correct buttons, there are two things you can do:

(1) RELOAD THE APP:  Click the Home button. Double-click the Home button to view recent apps. Press and hold on the Adobe Reader app to view a delete (red minus sign). Click on the app, and it quits. Click the Home button and relaunch Reader.

(2) RESET YOUR IPAD/IPHONE: Click the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time. Keep them down past the Slide to Power Off message until you see the Apple logo. Let it come up and relaunch Reader.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2012 8:58 AM   in reply to pgh77

If you want to delete a single document, don't bother using the edit menu.  Just put your finger on the document in the "Documents" section and swipe to the right.  This should bring up a delete button for that document.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2012 9:19 AM   in reply to Steve Werner

Thanks a lot!  I didn't know about the app reload feature and it worked.

dw

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points