Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Work flow for adding eLearningSuite 6 to Master Collection?

Jul 27, 2012 1:40 AM

Tags: #roundtripping #elearning_suite_6.0

Hi All,

I have a Creative Cloud subscription, and installed most of the Master Collection. I already had Captivate 6 as standalone installed as well. Now I added the trial of the eLearning Suite 6. Every added component works fine (Presenter 8, SCORM packager) but I cannot have the roundtripping functionalities between Captivate-Photoshop, Captivate-Audition to work. I have 'Record Application with Adobe Captivate' in Flash CS6, didn't look for the extra Question templates in Flash yet. I'm not sure that the extensions for Dreamweaver/Flash are still available in this version of the suite, cannot find any documentation on that . But what I really do miss is the forementioned roundtripping. So please, can someone explain which work flow has to be used to make them available?

Lilybiri

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 17, 2012 4:59 AM   in reply to Lilybiri

If one gets a Creative Cloud subscription and a Captivate subscription, will roundtripping work?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2013 9:16 AM   in reply to Lilybiri

Thank you for the replies this answers a question - I too have Creative Cloud and have inquired to Adobe Sales multiple times (since I cannot get the same answer as I have been digging on this question) about what is the difference between adding a subscription to Captivate 6 versus a subscription to eLearning Suite 6.1 to what I already own - the Creative Cloud. Adobe Sales is extremely uninformed about Captivate and the eLearning Suite and the four or five I have chatted with or called (never got a response to my request for more information), they did not know about the roundtripping or could not answer about the muti-SCO packaging - two never mentioned the learning extensions that supposedly only come with the suite. The last agent said basically the only difference between Captivate and eLearning Suite since I already own Creative Cloud is Presenter ... incorrect!

Adobe your salespeople knowledge of this area of your product line is more than disappointing and frustrating. Adobe buying guides should include a comparison of features - beyond the big CS products - of differences between Captive alone and the eLearning Suite. Adobe needs to realize that learning developers need Creative Cloud apps beyond those within the eLearning suite and need to quickly account for this possibility - other posts have made this argument more directly.

Unfortunately as disappointing and frustrating as this is, I will still use Abobe products - though I have dug deeper into alternatives as a result of this - I simply ask in return for the prices Adobe is enforcing on learning developers you provide us with sales and support that can answer our questions ... and get Captivate, roundtripping, multi-sco packaging and the lot integrated with the Creative Cloud!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2013 7:48 AM   in reply to Lilybiri

Realize that Lilybiri ... it was a thanks for the thread and answers, some additional information if someone else ventured onto this thread, and finally a vent - someone in Adobe has to see this stuff (one would hope) ...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points