Skip navigation
ongoer23
Currently Being Moderated

ColdFusion 9 Enterprise - Error Connecting to Oracle

Jul 27, 2012 8:27 AM

Tags: #oracle #cf9

Hi,

I'm in the process of configuring our production server with ColdFusion 9 Enterprise. The prod build is carried out according to the same build document used to implement our DEV and QA environments which are working correctly.

When setting up the datasources, I get the following:

Connection verification failed for data source: sara_eng

java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Macromedia][Oracle JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: ginge.ic.gc.ca:1521. Reason: Connection refused: connect

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Macromedia][Oracle JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: ginge.ic.gc.ca:1521. Reason: Connection refused: connect

Since our production environment is located within a DMZ and our Oracle db is on the other side of the DMZ I consulted with our firewall group to ensure there was a rule for port 1521 between the app and db servers. There is the approriate rule in place. They sent me some log entries which state that the ColdFusion app server is attempting to send a TCP Reset to the Oracle server which the firewall is blocking.

My current production server is in the same DMZ running ColdFusion MX7 without this issue. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chad

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points