Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Speedgrade Crash upon start up

Jul 28, 2012 10:52 PM

Tags: #speedgrade #crashing_when_starting

Hello, everytime I send over a Premiere Pro sequence to Speedgrade, it crashes immediately. I have an HP Intel i7, 16 gigs ram, and an AMD Radeon HD 6450. Could someone give me any ideas why it would crash everytime? I just downloaded the trail Master Collection on adobe.com. Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 29, 2012 4:24 AM   in reply to Bcurless

Do you have update to 6.0.1?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2012 3:53 PM   in reply to Bcurless

Go to Settings>registration>updates.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2012 11:11 PM   in reply to Bcurless

To answer your question:  no have I have not had an export to speedgrade fail other than speedgrade ignores the sequence frame rate. 

is there anything in the eventlog as to the nature of the crash?  if not, have you tried hooking a debugger such as windbg to speedgrade? 

A work around might be to export -> media -> DPX image sequence and import the sequence into Speedgrade.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 3:11 AM   in reply to Bcurless

When you using Send-To-Speedgrade button out of premiere, it creates a Media folder with the rendered DPX sequences AND a SG project file (filename.ircp).

Can you try double click this ircp file? or open speedgrade then import the ircp via open dialog/desktop ?

Is it still crashing?

Thanks,

Duy-Anh

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 10:24 PM   in reply to DuyAnhPham

I'm also having the same problem with Brandon.

Have tried this:

Can you try double click this ircp file? or open speedgrade then import the ircp via open dialog/desktop ?

But still getting the same crashes. So, I experimented on it for a little bit:

If I move the ircp and media files so SpeedGrade can't find them when it loads, then I can open Speedgrade just fine. Trying to open the individual .dpx file via the browser thingy on speedgrade will immediately cause the same crash. If I move the ircp file somewhere else, leaving the media file alone, then open the ircp file, SpeedGrade will load up the timeline just fine, although it won't load the video (since it can't find the dpx, obviously) This isolates the problem to loading .dpx files.

SO, I tried loading the dpx file on premiere and it opens up just fine. Meaning I have the codec installed properly, or at least, premiere can read it.

SO, I think there's something wrong with the way dpx are loaded in speedgrade.

Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 1:03 AM   in reply to Feureau

I would like to take a look at your IRCP project file + DPX. Sent you a PM

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 2:51 AM   in reply to Bcurless

The crashes you encountered are most likely caused by an outdated version of Windows. Please make sure you're running Win 7 with SP1.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 30, 2012 5:20 PM   in reply to Dennis Weinmann

I have Mac os x mountain lion. Just installed production premium, and updated all software. Speedgrade quits upon startup. Is there a fix?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 5, 2012 12:45 PM   in reply to theresistance

Same problem, though I'm on Mac 10.6.8.  Orginal CS6 Speedgrade install works fine, but if you do the update, it crashes every time you open it.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2012 8:18 PM   in reply to Bcurless

I have the exact same issue. Speedgrade crashes upon lauch. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled the orginal which will open, but as soon as I upgrade to the latest version it crashes. I'm running OSX Lion.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 7:38 AM   in reply to AdmiralGomez

Hi I am having the same problem. A fresh install of Sg from the Creative Cloud works (except that the export button remains gray). After updating Sg it crashes during its startup screen.

... I've just done a test using my MacBookPro 2.4 GHz Core i7, 8 GB 1333 MHz RAM Mac OS 10.7.5. Sg works fine.

Unfortunately, I do my editing and Postptoduction on my (old) ProMac 3.1 2x2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 10 GB 667 MHz RAM ... either there are some fundamental software conflicts, or my work horse has just been officially passed by my pocket pony.

Adobe, are there any known software conflicts that would be causing the odd behavior in Sg?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 12, 2012 1:50 PM   in reply to Bcurless

I'm having the same problem as well. Running OSX 10.7.5 on 2 x Dual Core Intel Xeon MacPro.  Orignal Speedgrade runs fine but after upgrading it crashes every time it's opened.  Have deleted preferences.  Help please.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points