Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

issue with OSX 10.8... Could Not Save File

Jul 29, 2012 1:19 PM

After installing Mountain Lion, Adobe Fireworks CS6 (12.0.0.236) now returns an error message when exporting via Image Preview.

“Could Not Save File”

“The File Was Not Found”

However, FW CS6 save the file... how do I get the error message to go away?

Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2012 6:53 AM   in reply to IronADDT

I have the same problem with Fireworks CS5.5.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 7:27 AM   in reply to IronADDT

Same problem with CS5.5 and CS6 Trial. I'm frustrated...On the adobe site, the requirements say that it works well with OS X 10.8, but it is not:
    http://prodesigntools.com/products/adobe-cs6-system-requirements.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 8:18 AM   in reply to IMAGO Lab

I've brought this thread to the attention of the Fireworks dev team. But please also file detail bug reports on the wishlist:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Bug reports are logged, and the more identical incidents they receive, the higher priority an issue can get.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 1:34 AM   in reply to Jim_Babbage

Thanks for reporting the issue.We are investigating the issue from our end.As a workaround one can use the optimize panel to set the export options and export the file with File-> Export.

-Adobe Fireworks Team

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 9:07 AM   in reply to Shubhashri CG

Any updates on resolving this bug?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2012 1:11 AM   in reply to IronADDT

Well, it's the same here with FW5.5

As a workaround one can use the optimize panel to set the export options and export the file with File-> Export.

Well, i think we all know that here but we want the preview to work well - but thank Shubhashri

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 6, 2012 10:42 AM   in reply to IronADDT

Exactly same problem here - it is very annoying.

I use CS6 and would love to have a fix.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 7, 2012 10:02 AM   in reply to Shubhashri CG

File>Image Preview>Export produces the same error message, so that workaround didn't work for me.

This doesn't effect performance of the program, but it is an annoyance.

Thanks--

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2012 1:11 PM   in reply to IronADDT

I posted this same topic today. Sad to see that months later Adobe has not solved the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 12, 2012 4:10 PM   in reply to IronADDT

TO: Adobe Fireworks Development Team:

I am having the same problem using Export Wizard in Fireworks CS6 on Mac OS 10.8.1—

It gives this error message when trying to export a jpeg for the web:

“Could not save the file. File not found.

I have also posted this as a bug to the forum.

Adobe, when are you going to resolve this problem, please?

Thank you,

Doug Arnold

The Graphic Solution Group

Mansfield, MA 02048

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2012 10:25 AM   in reply to IronADDT

+1

Same problem...

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2012 12:30 PM   in reply to omerari

Adobe hates Fireworks this problem is always since CS 5.5

I hope next update solve the problem

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2012 12:44 PM   in reply to IronADDT

Hmm, still no solution? Moved yesterday to 10.8.2 and had the same error with CS5.5

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 26, 2012 3:51 AM   in reply to IronADDT

Same problem. Have they ever fixed any issue with Fireworks in OS X?

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Sep 26, 2012 9:41 AM   in reply to IronADDT

I'd really like to see this fixed.  It's just annoying.  Can we just drop in a dummy file to replace the "missing file" that FW is looking for?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2012 5:11 PM   in reply to IronADDT

+1, sigh

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 29, 2012 9:14 AM   in reply to Shubhashri CG

I just encountered this same problem. I did a File --> Image Preview, and when I hit save got the message:

"Could not save the file.

The file was not found."

Attached is a screenshot of the dialog.

This is very troublesome and undermines my faith in Fireworks.

I'm running Fireworks CS6, version 12.0.0.236 and OSX 10.8.2. I'm also submitting this to the detail bug report in that wishlist link https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Screen Shot 2012-09-29 at 9.00.32 AM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 1, 2012 5:18 AM   in reply to IronADDT

+1

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2012 6:45 AM   in reply to IronADDT

+1

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 6:31 AM   in reply to mambre

I'm surprised Adobe is so quiet about this bug.  The only response is two months old.

HEY ADOBE:  ARE YOU LISTENING???  When will this be fixed??

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2012 12:08 PM   in reply to IronADDT

Saving file after adding 10 pages, hangs upon saving CS5 OSX 10.8.2, and 1X corrupted the file.  I need to add 5 more pages.  Should I duplicate the file, delete the pages, use the master and create the last 5 pages separately. I am planning to export all 15 pages to dreamweaver. Any other solution?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2012 6:53 AM   in reply to IronADDT

Same issue here. Anything happening with this Adobe?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2012 6:54 AM   in reply to IronADDT

+1

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 29, 2012 9:27 AM   in reply to IronADDT

Same here - can we at least get an estimate when will this issue be fixed?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2012 11:30 AM   in reply to IronADDT

I get the same message when I try to open a file in Fireworks CS6 that I had done in CS5.  I get a popup saying that I need to update the font because it came from an older version.  If I try to change the font or leave it the same I get the same error

.Screen Shot 2012-11-02 at 2.30.37 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2012 11:58 AM   in reply to Jim_Babbage

I tried to create a ticket.  tried to do the wishlist and get the following:

Screen Shot 2012-11-02 at 2.33.11 PM.png

When I try to open a file created/edited last in CS5.5 or older I get the following:

Screen Shot 2012-11-02 at 2.52.12 PM.png

and then wether I pick maintain apperance or repalce fonts  I get the next screen

Screen Shot 2012-11-02 at 2.30.37 PM.png

What is wrong with adobe?  I have two other tickets that were responded to once and I responded back almost two weeks ago, and they have not updated them yet?!! Is there something going on with them as a company that they are just not letting on?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2012 2:33 PM   in reply to bc80921

I too have received a similiar problem albeit with a slightly different error message.

As of right now I cannot save any files. So this makes the Fireworks 100% non-usable.

Has anyone received updates yet? Or gotten a similiar error message to mine "An error occured." as opposed to "The file was not found."?

Screen Shot 2012-11-04 at 2.23.53 PM.png

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 4, 2012 5:51 PM   in reply to IronADDT

Guys, you're not doing yourselves any favors by hijacking this thread to report issues that are kinda like this one but kinda not. 

If you don't see a thread with your exact issue, start a new one -- I'd be willing to bet you'll get a better response from Adobe since this thread is about a very specific (and now known) issue... and your issues are different.  And it looks like more serious.  :-)

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 6, 2012 12:10 AM   in reply to johnnie_n

Might finally be getting some help. I tweeted this multiple times and they finally responded. Get the Fireworks Dev team to notice by retweeting.

https://twitter.com/fybix/status/265453328362778625

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2012 2:56 PM   in reply to IronADDT

A possible solution to this problem was suggested by another Fireworks user in the following forum thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4833573#4833573

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 8, 2012 3:34 PM   in reply to groove25

Thanks for the link, but that solution is only for users who upgraded OSX after Fireworks was installed. That won't help those of us who installed Fireworks on a new Mac. I'm still having the issue -- surprised Adobe hasn't responded or fixed this yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2012 12:55 PM   in reply to IronADDT

Exact same issue. Been happening for months. I'm also using the latest version from Creative Cloud on a brand new retina mac.

The app is hardly useable due to the Retina issue and with no promise that it will ever be updated for Retina I assume the reason Adobe hasn't fixed this export bug yet is because they are A) abandoning the software rather than updating it to retina and carbon, and focus on photoshop B) they are near release of a completely new version with retina, carbon, etc like there new apps such as Reflow and they figure they would rather devote time to the new version that update the bugs of the current version.

I recommend everyone retweet this: https://twitter.com/fybix/status/265453328362778625 and post about this bug to all their facebook properties. It's sad that we have to revert to that but whether it be adobe or your cable company, they only way to get things resolved is to scream for everyone to hear.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2012 1:08 PM   in reply to heavymark

That presents a pretty big unknown. What if all my files are in the fw.png format? I have a website I'm working on with upwards of 30 fw.png files? Can these be migrated to photoshop? I really hope we're not just dropped. It's things like this that make someone hesitant to invest in a certain app for their workflow, because later they'll get no support. What do they expect us to do? Go back in time and use another program?

heavymark wrote:

Exact same issue. Been happening for months. I'm also using the latest version from Creative Cloud on a brand new retina mac.

The app is hardly useable due to the Retina issue and with no promise that it will ever be updated for Retina I assume the reason Adobe hasn't fixed this export bug yet is because they are A) abandoning the software rather than updating it to retina and carbon, and focus on photoshop B) they are near release of a completely new version with retina, carbon, etc like there new apps such as Reflow and they figure they would rather devote time to the new version that update the bugs of the current version.

I recommend everyone retweet this: https://twitter.com/fybix/status/265453328362778625 and post about this bug to all their facebook properties. It's sad that we have to revert to that but whether it be adobe or your cable company, they only way to get things resolved is to scream for everyone to hear.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2012 8:11 AM   in reply to IronADDT

Sorry for the frustration, folks. The Fireworks team is actively working on a resolution to solve this issue for you; however, we do not yet know when the fix will be released.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 3:33 AM   in reply to Carey Burgess

Glad to know this is only an "annoyance."  Sure seems like a strange thing for Adobe.  If this were a Microsoft thing, I'd brush it off as business-as-usual.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2012 4:17 AM   in reply to Carey Burgess

This Bug is 4+ Months old and i am hit by it every single day. Please get this fixed this finally!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 2, 2012 5:22 AM   in reply to Stefan.Seiz

https://twitter.com/fybix/status/275227943666585600 ReTweeter. I called a few times too and the most I got was their department has been notified. I'm almost certian a small patch could fix this issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 9:02 AM   in reply to IronADDT

My entire design group has the same issue since we upgraded to CS6 and Mountain Lion. It's annoying enough that we may have to dump Fireworks and start using Photoshop for everything. Fireworks seems to have become Adobe's neglected child.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2012 9:22 AM   in reply to jeffro_69

Suggest we start motivating Adobe a little by spreading the word a little further about this on Twitter. Really is shameful how long they are taking to address this issue... #fixfireworks @Adobe_Care @AdobeFireworks

|
    Mark as:
1 2 3 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points