Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Settings that I need to change so no restrictions on reader enabled forms

Jul 29, 2012 3:51 PM

Tags: #acrobat #pdf #forms #pdf_forms #acrobat-forms

Hi,

I have a reader enabled form that needs to be filled in with a digital signature that needs to be added with a submit button to email to client however I don't want the restrictions. Just wondering what the settings are that I need to change so it only sends the data instead of the whole PDF form (so there are no restrictions) ?

Cheers

Replies
  • George Johnson
    11,664 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 29, 2012 9:14 PM   in reply to EM-99

When you configure the submit button with a Submit Form action, you have the option of choosing to submit the form data (FDF, HTML, or XFDF), or the complete document (PDF). Choose FDF or XFDF if you want to use Acrobat to populate a blank form by importing the form data. Don't use the form distribution process in Acrobat or else it will change how the submit button behaves.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2012 1:50 AM   in reply to EM-99

Bear in mind that if you send ordinary form data, the signature is lost. You can't just import a "loose" signature into a form, that would be a great trick for getting people to sign things they never saw!

It is possible to submit a signature without sending the whole file, but it's a rather complex process of sending an incremental update to a file.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points