Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver CS5.5 vs. Mountain Lion Problem

Jul 29, 2012 10:26 PM

After upgrading to Mac OSX Mountain Lion, each time I open Dreamweaver CS5.5 I have to enter my remote server's username and password. The Save password checkbox is checked. Everything works fine during that session but if I close Dreamweaver and reopen it, I find it hasn't retained that username and password. The problem happens 100% of the time. I've seen this same problem with a few other people but no solutions yet. Any idea?

Thanks,

David

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2012 5:41 AM   in reply to DG Webs

That's a corrupt keychain, nothing to do with Adobe.  Happened to me after the Apple Lion upgrade with some applications.

First open up the Keychain app in the Utitilies folder (or hit cmd+space for spotlight and type "keychain" it will be first).  Then in the search box at the top of Keychain, type "SiteServer".  That will bring up the DW passwords.  If you don't know your passwords, open each up and write them down.  Once you know them, delete the records that came up from your search.  Then proceed to open DW.  All passwords will now be gone and you will have to go through your site's 1-by-1 and re-add the passwords.  The site definitions will still be in tact, only the passwords will have to be re-saved since DW uses the Apple keychain to store passwords and not the configuration files.  Close DW and re-open again, your passwords should be good to go.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 8:10 AM   in reply to SnakEyez02

I am having the issue of just not being able to connect to the servers at all now that I have Mountain Lion installed with CS5.5

I can, however, connect to the servers with cyberduck, so I know this must be an issue with Dreamweaver. Any help would be appreciated. I did notice a patch for this issue in cs6, but unfortunately not for cs5.5

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 9:46 AM   in reply to IFvSix

ifv, i'd recommend creating another thread with your issue since it is not related to the original post of a password/keychain issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 9:49 AM   in reply to SnakEyez02

k, will do. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 11:44 AM   in reply to DG Webs

Ok, try this:

http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-javascript-errors-d reamweaver-cs4.html

Do steps #12 & 4 (ignore the KB article title).

Then open Disk Utility and run repair permissions.

Then restart DW.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 4:16 PM   in reply to DG Webs

Try going back to Keychain Access and click on Keychain Access -> Keychain First Aid and run the repair tool.  Also verify in the "SiteServer" keys that DW leaves that the access control says DW CS5.5 and no other versions (unless you are actively using those other versions).  I've run into issues before where there were multiple versions listed in there.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 5:57 AM   in reply to DG Webs

My last resort solution is usually to create a new user account on the OS and see if passwords still have an issue.  I've rarely come across user account corruption.  When it happens you typically create a new user account as if that would be your primary.  Then you sparingly bring over configuration files from the Library of your old account to the new account trying to eliminate where ever the corruption was.  If this doesn't work, there's not much I can say other than to file a bug report or upgrade.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 7:08 AM   in reply to SnakEyez02

FYI, I am having the exact same issue. My problem ended up being the same, after fixing my connection issue with SnakEyez help yesterday, my login credentials refuse to stay saved. So, for now, I will be simply putting them in daily or leaving my computer on.

I have a hard time believing that it is simply an issue with keychain because of the steps you've went through and because not a single other app is having the issue. However, I will continue to follow your progress on the issue and hope you find what you're looking for.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 8:56 AM   in reply to DG Webs

I'm having exactly the same issues with only DreamWeaver CS 5.5 too (it's an infinetly buggy app, always has been on both Windows and Mac).  It's definitely an Adobe DW CS5.5 / Mountain Lion issue that needs to be addressed by Adobe, but triggered by an upgrade to Mountain Lion.  Opening up the passkey permissions to all applications doesn't fix the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 10:13 AM   in reply to websherpa

websherpa and IFvSix, have you tried creating a new Mac OS user account, as SnakEyez02 suggested, to see if the issue persists there?

(You could export your sites from Dreamweaver in the old account and import them in the new one, or just re-create them in the new one.)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 10:45 AM   in reply to Carey Burgess

I have not yet tried that, but I will soon. I noticed that even when I go to my lock screen the login credentials clear from the servers. In fact, I will go ahead and try creating a new account now, though I do not feel that would be a viable solution for long term.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 11:29 AM   in reply to IFvSix

I can confirm that this was not a solution.

I created a new user, connected to a server and saved the settings. Was working fine, so I restarted. After the restart, the login credentials were missing, just as with my other account.

Back to the drawing board.

It would be less of an issue if it simply asked for the credentials rather than just saying "ERROR:: lines and line of error!"

Regardless, thanks everyone for trying to help us so far. I'll keep trying things as I can and will report back if I ever get it fixed.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 2:17 PM   in reply to Carey Burgess

I had actually tried creating a new account earlier due to some additional issues I am having with Mountain Lion permissions, so that didn't do anything.

No, when you look at the Keychain, it is set up correctly for the application, but somehow it's not getting back from the keychain to the application (like it did in Lion).  This is one of those cases where Apple will blame Adobe, and Adobe will balme Apple and a couple months down the line there will be two quiet updates that pass in the night so that everyone can save face.

I think, based on my regrettable experience upgrading to Mountain Lion, that Apple folks are scrambling right now, plugging holes in what has been a pretty ill-planned update (from my perspective, anyway).

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2012 2:53 PM   in reply to websherpa

Actually, looked at the above symptoms and potential solutions. Have EXACTLY the same problem and have done all of the above.

Can only conclude that the Mountain Lion/Dreamweaver CS5.5 combination results in the wretched username/password isn't remembered and on subsequent log-ins to remote server won't even accept the right details.

Fetch accesses the site of course everytime with no problems whatsoever.

Found this happened under Lion a couple of times but not as much as this. SURELY Adobe you can sort this one out very easily or is CS5.5 too old for you to fix it? Is there a similar problem with Dreamweaver CS6???

Cheers

Chris Marshall, London

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 20, 2013 7:19 AM   in reply to DG Webs

Hello,

I had the same problem using Dreamweaver CS4 now that I have upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion on my new 2012 iMac.  Luckily I had exported my definitions with user id and password, for my web sites.  I thought I would try just importing the exported site definitions and voila, it worked.  The user ID and password was saved wen I left Dreamweaver.

If you are currently not exporting your site definitions with user id and password, I strongly suggest you start.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points