Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop on OSX 10.8/ML throws "strtable error" on open dialog

Jul 30, 2012 11:06 AM

Tags: #photoshop #issue #cs6 #strtable

Upgrading to ML with the newest CS6 (creative cloud) and in the open dialog, clicking on PSDs gives a generic "strtable error". I can still open the files. Any ideas what this may be?Screen Shot 2012-07-30 at 2.04.21 PM.png

Replies
  • Noel Carboni
    23,526 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2012 11:52 AM   in reply to boboroshi

Check carefully to see that the text that you have defined in the design is editable.  There's a pretty bad bug being worked on by Adobe in which the various text in the document gets shuffled.  That came to mind because "str" could mean "string", which is programmerese for text.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2012 12:01 PM   in reply to boboroshi

Yep, I'm having the same problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 2:25 PM   in reply to klmhicks

That's not a Photoshop error (wrong icon, not one of our strings).

I don't even think it's an OS error, but possible some haxie or system utility that you've added to your system.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 3:19 PM   in reply to boboroshi

If you've got FontExplorer X Pro installed, try disabling the font requests and re-enabling them.

I figured it might be something to do with that from the previous replies, and I can't trigger the bug anymore.

Not necessarily the cause, but it seems to be working OK now

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2012 5:57 AM   in reply to boboroshi

In my case it was FontExplorer X Pro.

Even if you unistalled it, error remains.

You need to go to Photoshop Plugins folder and delete FontExplorer Plugin

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2012 12:22 AM   in reply to Sergei Emelianenko

Thnaks, that was it, had to delete the plugin in Illustrator fodler as well

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 2:30 PM   in reply to kjllkzfdghda64564564

How does deleting the FontExplorer extension effect your use/operation with FontExplorer & Photoshop (or Illustrator)? I also want to get rid of this bug but need to continue to utilize FontExplorer to manage fonts... Thx

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2013 9:44 AM   in reply to boboroshi

Actually the problem is this; a few versions prior to 10.8/CS6, Fontexplorer would automatically launch the application if it wasn't running to match up any missing font. I'm not sure if its because its a older version and/or adobe has ceased letting the application fire open when photoshop/illustrator is triggered but it almost 100% of the time I get this error it's because Fontexplorer isn't open yet and it's trying to launch it but its no longer allowed to launch the application... thus the 'Strtble Error.' If you have Font Explorer opened and try the same file you won't get the error, and viceaversa you'll get the error if you don't have it open.

I'm still running an old version of Font Explorer (3.1) with CS6 I assume all of my issues are contributed to that. I'm not sure if the same thing happens on new versions of Font Explorer. (I have a fear of updating since it destroyed all of my folders the last time I updated.)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2013 6:20 PM   in reply to sbradleyaskew

For anyone still struggling with this, it is FontExplorer X old plugins. Just check for updates in FE X and download the new plugins

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points