Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

"Timeout waiting for DLMS" error  ?

Jul 30, 2012 11:44 AM

I am in multitrack mode, importing a shell which contains several audio tracks and one video track at the top.

The audio imports fine but my WMV file does not.

It gives me the error "Timeout waiting for DLMS source to open.  We are unable to open this file using any of the currently available importers".

However, if I wait 10 seconds for cs6 to finish dealing with the audio track WAVs, then import the WMV manually, it imports and works fine.

How do I avoid this initial error?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2012 1:04 PM   in reply to Mr Bansaw

DLMS is the Dynamic Link Media Server and it functions as a way for Audition to import file types supported by Premiere Pro (and other DVA Applications) through an external process.

If you have this option enabled in the Audition Preferences, the "dynamiclinkmediaserver" process will start immediatly after Audition is loaded. The proces of this service loading can take several seconds after Audition itself completely loads.

My suggestion would be to wait 10 seconds after Audition loads to import your files or open the session (or look in the task manager to make sure the "dynamiclinkmediaserver" process is loaded before proceeding).

This delay is only required when the format you are attempting to import requires the DLMS process.

-- Ron

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points