Skip navigation
pepboy12
Currently Being Moderated

Enterprise Signed Build settings

Jul 30, 2012 11:54 AM

I  need to create an Enterprise Signed Build (for internal company distribution). I have created 2 renditions (for iPad 2 and 3) and exported out of Folio Producer.

What kind of "Viewer Type" should I select...Built-in Single issue, multi-issue, etc.?

I only see one field to upload a Folio File, but I have exported 2 renditions.

I am concerned that if I need to select "Single Issue" I cannot use my 2 renditions. I have a number of Pan and Zoom overlays in my pub, and want them to display properly (I used 2 differently sized Pan/Zoom assets when creating my renditions).

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2012 12:19 PM   in reply to pepboy12

You need to select Multi issue as you do not need to provide the Folio as a Zip file but Publish it. Once you publish the folio should show up inside the Viewer.

I strongly recommend that you go through the DPS IPad Publishing Companion guide provided on the DPS dashboard.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2012 12:47 PM   in reply to pepboy12

Here's an article called " Creating an enterprise signed iPad viewer app " that might help:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/digitalpubsuite/using/WS67cb9e293e2f1f6063 be51521300070dc55-8000.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 7:30 PM   in reply to pepboy12

First of All, for creating Enterprise signed Builds you need DPS Enterprise Edition. If you have that, then you do not need to export folios, you can directly publish the folios as Public from Folio Producer (Title id in Viewer Builder) and publish both the renditions with same metadata and same product id. In Viewer Builder choose Enterprise signed build.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2012 11:45 AM   in reply to pepboy12

Specify the same Adobe ID you use to create folios for this title. Make sure that the Adobe ID is assigned the Application role in the Account Administration tool. The Adobe ID for the app can be different from the Adobe ID used to sign in to Viewer Builder.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2012 6:01 PM   in reply to pepboy12

yes, Title id and password is the same as your Folio Producer account from which you have published your folios.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2012 1:53 PM   in reply to pepboy12

In a single issue app you add the folio hence the size of the app is larger.

Now with a multi issue app the content is provided through the distribution servers which display the folio from the Title Id that you have specified (using which you publish to the app ) so the size of the viewer is small and hence you do not need to worry about the same.

Regarding the error that you are getting, it seems that you need to recheck the certificates as that error directly is linked with the certificates that you have created and mentioning that the signing was not succesfull hence you were not able to instal the .ipa file

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Sep 6, 2012 7:12 AM   in reply to pepboy12

Enterprise apps need to be free and public. Where are you seeing free and private?

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Sep 6, 2012 12:46 PM   in reply to pepboy12

Yes, that's an older PDF. The live web article has updated information. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points