Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can an InDesign file be interactive? (And I don't mean output from an InDesign file.)

Jul 30, 2012 3:10 PM

Is it possible to have an element in an INDD file trigger another action inside the INDD file, without exporting the original file to an interactive PDF or anything else?

For example, I would like to create a "go to the next page" button in an InDesign file so that anyone else who opens the file within InDesign can click on the button and be taken to the next page of the InDesign file.

For various reasons that aren't relevant to this discussion, I do not want to distribute the file as a PDF or anything other than INDD.

Will a script do the job?

I'm using InDesign CS6 on a Mac.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 1, 2012 6:16 AM   in reply to Terri Stone

Hi,

I feel we can use Indesign as application in which we can make outputs, but by itself making interactive is not a possible one, anyhow we can try with the help of Event-UI for making interactive..........

Thanks,

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 6:55 AM   in reply to Terri Stone

A button to go to the next page: bottom left corner of your main window ... (Granted, it's small enough to miss.)

nextpage.png

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2012 12:38 AM   in reply to Terri Stone

You could add an eventlistener listening to selection changes and then alert your message.

Ralf

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points