Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS 5.5 to CS 6 Transfer Preferences - Print Presets Issue

Jul 31, 2012 8:13 AM

Tags: #printing #preferences #presets #cs6

Hello,

The problem is when I transfer my print presets fron CS5.5 to CS6 they transfer over but... when I go to use them they set everything correctly EXCEPT the page size. It defaults to an 8.5x11 sheet. However, when I run the same preset in InDesign CS5.5 it will update the page size correctly. I am printing to a PostScript printer

Here is what I have tried to troubleshoot this issue so far. I list what could be wrong and what I have done about each:

1. the preferences are being corrupted

- uninstalling preferences and reinstalling them. I've followed this posting to do this:

http://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-printing-problems-inde sign.html#main_h3

(section: 1. Rename or delete the InDesign Defaults and the InDesign SavedData files.)

2. the PPD files are corrupted

- replace my PPD files from the PPD files I have stored for CS5.5

3. I’ve transferred preferences incorrectly

- I go into InDesign CS5.5>File>Print>Print Presets>Define>[select all presets]>Save>[Save in: Mac HD>Applications>Adobe InDesign CS6>Presets

What would be the next thing to try or am I doing something incorrectly? Thanks in advance for any help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2012 8:17 AM   in reply to emRae77

Try saving the preferences individually to a location on your hard drive.

Then load them into CS6 using the File>Print Presets

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 31, 2012 2:10 PM   in reply to Eugene Tyson

And you can also try editing them in CS6 after loading.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 12:59 PM   in reply to emRae77

I've always built my print presets with a real page size. It's fast to make a whole set, one based on another, changing only the page size or orientation.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 2:11 PM   in reply to emRae77

The document sizes may vary, but the page size in the printer is limited to a handful of standard sheet sizes, no?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 2:40 PM   in reply to emRae77

That's all fine, but the point I was making was that the document size has no connection to the paper size on which it's printed.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2012 2:52 PM   in reply to emRae77

You didn't say you were printing to postscript file, you said to a postscript printer, so I made the (incorrect presumption) that you were printing the document on paper. I take it you are producing PDFs.

Why are you distilling instead of exporting?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points